+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Corbyn to do Glastonbury - 'the hero of the hour'!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Re: Corbyn to do Glastonbury - 'the hero of the hour'!

Quote Originally Posted by TISS View Post
    the true left

so Corbyn, who lives in a taxpayer funded £2m house in Islington, preaching to the middle classes who have paid £250 per ticket at an event that is pretty much unsurpassed in its portrayal of corporatism and greed, somehow epitomises the rise of the left.

you couldn't make this up
    "It was all an unintentionally hilarious reminder of the middle-class Safe Space that both Labour and Glastonbury have become. Corbyn said there was a message for Donald Trump on the walls surrounding the festival – ‘build bridges, not walls’. The wall he was referring to is a multimillion-pound ‘superfence’ first erected in 2002 to keep out those who either can’t afford or want to flout the hefty Glasto ticket price."
    http://www.spiked-online.com/newsite...2#.WVDVTRMrJEI

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    "It was all an unintentionally hilarious reminder of the middle-class Safe Space that both Labour and Glastonbury have become. Corbyn said there was a message for Donald Trump on the walls surrounding the festival – ‘build bridges, not walls’. The wall he was referring to is a multimillion-pound ‘superfence’ first erected in 2002 to keep out those who either can’t afford or want to flout the hefty Glasto ticket price."

Whilst it does seem a pretty abortive way of criticising trump I don't really see how the bold part is proven by the rest of the quote. People are middle-class because they can afford a £250 ticket?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    Whilst it does seem a pretty abortive way of criticising trump I don't really see how the bold part is proven by the rest of the quote. People are middle-class because they can afford a £250 ticket?
    Have you seen how much equipment and how many tents are left behind by these really poor people?

Have you seen how much equipment and how many tents are left behind by these really poor people?
    Is this where we have got to?

Debating over whether someone is poor enough to legitimately hold a certain opinion?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    Is this where we have got to?

Debating over whether someone is poor enough to legitimately hold a certain opinion?
    tbh how well off people are is of no interest to me, I judge people individually on their actions, I just thought the wall thing was funny that's why I posted it.
    Regardless of how much money you have you shouldn't leave your shit there for someone else to pick up imo.

Regardless of how much money you have you shouldn't leave your shit there for someone else to pick up imo.
    And this too.