+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Fibre Broadband

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Fibre Broadband

If you're into gaming or have a young un in the house (like me who has a teenager permanently glued to online xbox) I'd say you will. If you (ahem) download films etc whilst others are online Id say yes. If you have a couple of family members all online the same time all streaming from iplayer etc Id say yes. The smart Tv works seamlessy on it too.

As for speed, Im not teccy enough to know the minimum requirements but I get wifi access upstairs through thick old walls at 25mbs and wired access at 75mbs and its perfect for our family needs. Whether thats overkill I dont know but its what i get on BT infinity and their new hub is brilliant for coverage all through the house. I would change it and downgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by El Gwapo View Post
    If you're into gaming or have a young un in the house (like me who has a teenager permanently glued to online xbox) I'd say you will. If you (ahem) download films etc whilst others are online Id say yes. If you have a couple of family members all online the same time all streaming from iplayer etc Id say yes. The smart Tv works seamlessy on it too.

As for speed, Im not teccy enough to know the minimum requirements but I get wifi access upstairs through thick old walls at 25mbs and wired access at 75mbs and its perfect for our family needs. Whether thats overkill I dont know but its what i get on BT infinity and their new hub is brilliant for coverage all through the house. I would change it and downgrade.
    Just what I wanted to hear, cheers. Got a sky Q installation tomorrow, and sounds it goes hand in hand with fibre.

Quote Originally Posted by Peajay View Post
    Just what I wanted to hear, cheers. Got a sky Q installation tomorrow, and sounds it goes hand in hand with fibre.
    means you can download shitloads of stuff very quickly.

if you want to watch a HD programme on catch up on Sky it's ready to watch in a few seconds

My BT gets maybe 60mb downloads. We can download catch up on SkyQ, watch live streaming football on the PC and have four laptops running with no delay at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Peajay View Post
    Good luck with the touch/voice remote control. We took the batteries out of ours as it kept changing channels by itself.

Takes a while to get used to where things are, I’m still a novice using the new menus but my lad seems to have sussed it now.