+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Would you change your brexit vote?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Would you change your brexit vote?

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    I was thinking about those who are not fortunate to have a job, and they see those with a job just pull further away in the financial stakes, I don't think it was any coincidence that the poorer communities voted leave, they never seemed to be included in the "good times of the EU" i'm sure a Welsh coal face worker is just as good as a German coal face worker. in or out of the EU for me isn't about being Tory or Labour its about the have and have nots
    Again, this is something I did not understand whatsoever. Most of these poorer areas have been traditionally Labour voters and, maybe more so, anti-Tory, yet they were happy to give more power to a party these areas have traditionally detested and blamed for their circumstances. I couldn't work out the logic in that at the time and, the more I've thought about it, the less it makes sense. I saw people that hate Thatcher, Cameron etc with a vengeance suddenly proclaiming the likes of Boris and Theresa May as heroes. To coin a phrase, there's nowt as strange as folk.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Again, this is something I did not understand whatsoever. Most of these poorer areas have been traditionally Labour voters and, maybe more so, anti-Tory, yet they were happy to give more power to a party these areas have traditionally detested and blamed for their circumstances. I couldn't work out the logic in that at the time and, the more I've thought about it, the less it makes sense. I saw people that hate Thatcher, Cameron etc with a vengeance suddenly proclaiming the likes of Boris and Theresa May as heroes. To coin a phrase, there's nowt as strange as folk.
    Again, you are trying to align everything with a political party, forget red, blue, orange, green etc. etc. forget about Thatcher, Blair, the have nots are just not interested in this rubbish, all the parties have shit on the poor, IMO they (the people) have just said bollox to the lot of you with the out vote. The outvote forces a massive upheaval of the system.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    Again, you are trying to align everything with a political party, forget red, blue, orange, green etc. etc. forget about Thatcher, Blair, the have nots are just not interested in this rubbish, all the parties have shit on the poor, IMO they (the people) have just said bollox to the lot of you with the out vote. The outvote forces a massive upheaval of the system.
    In what way and to suit who?