+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Wales v Denmark

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Wales v Denmark

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I couldn't see the game and had to be content with Radio Wales. They were giving Ramsey dog's abuse towards the end of the game. The live updates in the Gaurdian said the game had "passed him by".
    Without wishing to make excuses for Ramsey as he did not get much of the ball. It seemed painfully obvious to all, bar the person that mattered, that Ramsey was playing too deeply to affect the game like he usually does and we needed him to.

He was picking the ball up from Williams/Chester, after they passed sideways for a while (or until a mispass gave the ball back to the Danes) and had forty yards to get to where he needed to be.

Ampadu could have played his role pushing forward from defence and has shown that he can both defend and pick a pass.
    Why on earth he wasn't used earlier, if not from the start, I don't know.

Williams (good servant but past it) and Chester (bang average) were not good choices and by the time the (forced) change happened, it was too late.

IMO Giggs has to take the blame not Ramsey.

Re: Wales v Denmark

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Without wishing to make excuses for Ramsey as he did not get much of the ball. It seemed painfully obvious to all, bar the person that mattered, that Ramsey was playing too deeply to affect the game like he usually does and we needed him to.

He was picking the ball up from Williams/Chester, after they passed sideways for a while (or until a mispass gave the ball back to the Danes) and had forty yards to get to where he needed to be.

Ampadu could have played his role pushing forward from defence and has shown that he can both defend and pick a pass.
    Why on earth he wasn't used earlier, if not from the start, I don't know.

Williams (good servant but past it) and Chester (bang average) were not good choices and by the time the (forced) change happened, it was too late.

IMO Giggs has to take the blame not Ramsey.
    Apart from when he came on at Fulham, Ramsey is not influencing games this season and, based on what I've seen, is not doing much to make Arsenal think they are making a mistake in letting him go - being charitable. he is in an awkward position whereby it looks like he has another club lined up and is just winding down gradually with his present team. On Friday, it looked like he was unable to up his game when his country needed him. Yes, he wasn't used in his most effective position, but he, and Joe Allen, were both distinctly second best to their Danish counterparts and we are talking about two players who were in the select team for Euro 2016 there - it's been some time since Ramsey, and to a lesser extent Bale, have been big influences in a Wales game.