+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Would you accept an knighthood/damehood ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Would you accept an knighthood/damehood ?

https://www.republic.org.uk

Fill yer boots lads

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    https://www.republic.org.uk

Fill yer boots lads
    Unfortunately, it's unlikely to ever happen as a majority of UK citizens probably want a monarchy and number of others are disinterested.

Personally , I think it should be privatised, as it apparently generates profits from tourism and other vague works they put in and if that is the case and the justification for it's existence, make it a private entity that lives or dies by it's ability to generate it's own profits. It is and should be treated like a Disneyland type attraction and should have no institutional powers (which is just barmy). They should also pay taxes (like every other profit-making enterprise)to the state, not the other way around. It's mad that people complain about sponging foreigners when these people are the biggest, most audacious leaches of them all.

Short of that, we can also hope that further powers for managing taxes are devolved to The Senedd. At least that way we might have the freedom to avoid paying taxes to London for silly things like the monarchy. It'd be interesting to see how much of an economic boost the Royals have on Wales. I suspect we'd be better off without them.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    Unfortunately, it's unlikely to ever happen as a majority of UK citizens probably want a monarchy and number of others are disinterested.

Personally , I think it should be privatised, as it apparently generates profits from tourism and other vague works they put in and if that is the case and the justification for it's existence, make it a private entity that lives or dies by it's ability to generate it's own profits. It is and should be treated like a Disneyland type attraction and should have no institutional powers (which is just barmy). They should also pay taxes (like every other profit-making enterprise)to the state, not the other way around. It's mad that people complain about sponging foreigners when these people are the biggest, most audacious leaches of them all.

Short of that, we can also hope that further powers for managing taxes are devolved to The Senedd. At least that way we might have the freedom to avoid paying taxes to London for silly things like the monarchy. It'd be interesting to see how much of an economic boost the Royals have on Wales. I suspect we'd be better off without them.
    It doesn't though.

There is no economic benefit to Wales or the rest of the UK for that matter.

A lot of the "myths" surrounding this are debunked within the web page shwon.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Monk View Post
    It doesn't though.

There is no economic benefit to Wales or the rest of the UK for that matter.

A lot of the "myths" surrounding this are debunked within the web page shwon.
    It just makes it all the more depressing though!

I still think privatisation is a way forward. Either that or let royalists pay a direct debit every month as a donation. I suspect all those piss poor royalists would soon change their tune when they see twenty quid a month coming off their already meagre bank balance.

They truly are a bunch of scummers (the royal family that is)