+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Donald Trump thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: The Donald Trump thread

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    And which foreign power was that?

Can you define the wheels of government? Does that include using the intelligence agencies to start a CI investigation with a false predicate, i.e. a setup?

The truth is not biased. The people who were spreading the propaganda were biased! I looked at both sides of the case, and I applied my own reasoning and logic. It appears that you are still believing the fake version of events, even after 3 years of lies and misdirection.

For the record I supported Miliband and Corbyn during the two previous elections, so I am hardly a conservative!

P.S. the clear picture in my head about Russian collusion used to be a conspiracy theory according to you lot. What changed?
    Your version of the truth is biased - you may have looked at both sides, but there is nothing on here over a period of years from you to indicate that you have ever applied equal standards to that looking! As for myself, I have never claimed to be unbiased - I detest Trump, have done ever since I was aware of his existence and will do until the day I die.

When it comes to collusion accusations, I thought there was a probability that there was collusion based on what I knew of Trump's character and I still think that the way the word "collusion" was seized upon by his supporters as a kind of be all and end all as far as the Mueller report goes was very telling - all that has changed as far as I'm concerned is that one man decided that there were not sufficient grounds to proceed with collusion charges, not quite the same thing as a flat out denial that there was any.

The foreign power I refer to is Russia because I believe it was the will of their Government, in particular the person at the head of it, that there be a particular outcome in the 2016 American election. I also believe it is not beyond the bounds of possibility that the allegations that the "wheels of Government" in the USA worked to try and ensure an outcome different to the one Russia wanted have some truth to them - if there was such a plan I could never support it, but, given the man they were trying to stop, I could, to a small degree, understand it.

You often say it is no longer about left or right in politics, yet seem keen to prove your left wing credentials. For myself, I'll stay on the left because in this era of globalists versus non globalists as you define it, what I see with the latter is a series of dangerous looking and arrogant populists who embody many of the worst aspects of the political right.

Re: The Donald Trump thread

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Your version of the truth is biased - you may have looked at both sides, but there is nothing on here over a period of years from you to indicate that you have ever applied equal standards to that looking! As for myself, I have never claimed to be unbiased - I detest Trump, have done ever since I was aware of his existence and will do until the day I die.
    It's was so bad I couldn't even make any kind of positive case for the other side, so should I lie just to make myself appear less biased in your eyes?