+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kirkland and depression

Kirkland and depression

A very good interview with Chris Kirkland about his ongoing battle with depression. He had so much potential as a youngster, his career didn't hit the heights it had the potential to, and all along he has had an invisible battle. Good luck in the battle, Chris.

Chris Kirkland: ‘I didn’t want to wake up in the morning. It just starts again’

https://www.theguardian.com/football...sion-interview

Re: Kirkland and depression

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    A very good interview with Chris Kirkland about his ongoing battle with depression. He had so much potential as a youngster, his career didn't hit the heights it had the potential to, and all along he has had an invisible battle. Good luck in the battle, Chris.

Chris Kirkland: ‘I didn’t want to wake up in the morning. It just starts again’

https://www.theguardian.com/football...sion-interview
    Good piece that. Good luck to him. Footballer's are just everyday people who are better at football than other people.

Quote Originally Posted by joecity View Post
    Good piece that. Good luck to him. Footballer's are just everyday people who are better at football than other people.
    Terrible illness , my uncle was in hospital much oh his adult life and I spent two weeks in the new psychiatric place in llandough in January

In January the stress of coping with my father's death from Alzheimer's , four years of caring for him and a family break up made me suicidal

I first took 100 paracetamol but woke up , got myself to hospital in Bridgend and they stabilised me but I was on a mission to end my life so as soon as I was released I went home and cut my jugular with a kitchen knife , they patched me up and I was sectioned under the mental health act for two weeks

I am still not right now but slowly getting there

Never suffer in silence

Hats off to Chris Kirkland

Reserve

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    In January the stress of coping with my father's death from Alzheimer's , four years of caring for him and a family break up made me suicidal

I first took 100 paracetamol but woke up , got myself to hospital in Bridgend and they stabilised me but I was on a mission to end my life so as soon as I was released I went home and cut my jugular with a kitchen knife , they patched me up and I was sectioned under the mental health act for two weeks

Never suffer in silence

Sludge all the best mate hopefully you won't need to suffer in silence, stay strong mate.

Never suffer in silence

Sludge, I'm sure you have friends aplenty, but never forget that you them on here as well.

Sludge, be strong mate. Be one of the success stories.

You are not alone Sludge. Take care.

Never suffer in silence

Sludgey Boy you are a good un mate and you fly under the banner of this fine football club. All power to you and your's my man. Best wishes Joe.

Richyrich

Never suffer in silence

All the best with your battle sludge. You and Kirkland are brave men talking about your struggles. Respect!

I have someone close to a family member who suffers from depression/anxiety.

On the face of it, this person has their own home, a job, a loving partner, a family. Pretty much all anyone needs from life. To someone like me, the instinctive response is "What have they got to be unhappy about?" But I do recognise that it is a genuine and very real illness. I am naturally a bit of a control freak and would love to be able to help/resolve their issues, but it's so frustrating not knowing what to do or say to help.

Sludgey boy, you are of course an absolute scoundrel but you're OUR scoundrel and I'm so sorry to hear how down you've been. You highlight another big issue, people can come across in such a way that others don't see their hidden demons.

Kudos to you for sharing some of what you've been going through, as I said earlier, I don't know what to say or do to help, but if there is anything, then let us know.

Yep. Chances are, there's people reading that thinking "how can he be depressed on 40k a week". But it doesn't work like that.

Whenever I run half marathons, my charity is always MIND. It's one of the bleakest illnesses around (sorry if illness is the wrong word) and anyone suffering to any degree gets best wishes from me.

Thats so said and there are no words that can help, what you see on the out side is not what he is going through, hope th FA gives him all the help he needs.

Never suffer in silence

and hats off to you fella. Sincerely

Quote Originally Posted by Norfolk Bluebird View Post
    Sludge all the best mate hopefully you won't need to suffer in silence, stay strong mate.
    Thanks mate doing a lot better now

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Sludge, I'm sure you have friends aplenty, but never forget that you them on here as well.

Thanks Bob

Sludge, be strong mate. Be one of the success stories.
    I am getting there thanks mate

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    You are not alone Sludge. Take care.

One in four they say

Sludgey Boy you are a good un mate and you fly under the banner of this fine football club. All power to you and your's my man. Best wishes Joe.
    Kayrrrdiff

Quote Originally Posted by Richyrich View Post
    All the best with your battle sludge. You and Kirkland are brave men talking about your struggles. Respect!
    Thanks , have lots of support , cheers

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    I have someone close to a family member who suffers from depression/anxiety.

On the face of it, this person has their own home, a job, a loving partner, a family. Pretty much all anyone needs from life. To someone like me, the instinctive response is "What have they got to be unhappy about?" But I do recognise that it is a genuine and very real illness. I am naturally a bit of a control freak and would love to be able to help/resolve their issues, but it's so frustrating not knowing what to do or say to help.

Sludgey boy, you are of course an absolute scoundrel but you're OUR scoundrel and I'm so sorry to hear how down you've been. You highlight another big issue, people can come across in such a way that others don't see their hidden demons.

Kudos to you for sharing some of what you've been going through, as I said earlier, I don't know what to say or do to help, but if there is anything, then let us know.
    I am under the care of a brilliant psychiatrist and on medication , thanks for your kind words

Quote Originally Posted by Kitman View Post
    and hats off to you fella. Sincerely
    Thank you

Yep. Chances are, there's people reading that thinking "how can he be depressed on 40k a week". But it doesn't work like that.

Whenever I run half marathons, my charity is always MIND. It's one of the bleakest illnesses around (sorry if illness is the wrong word) and anyone suffering to any degree gets best wishes from me.
    Good on you , mind are brilliant

Never suffer in silence

Awwww, if you need help or anything, always hit me up

Never suffer in silence

Stay strong Sludge!

You are one of my favourite posters on here with your tips about 'birds' and advice on what music I and others should be listening too. It's always totally wrong mind lol. I always look out for your posts as I know they will bring a big smile to my face

Previously you mentioned getting a dog. Have you got one yet? If not, go get one, provided you are strong enough to look after it. They are a good reason to get up in the morning, good company (mine never answers me back like my ex wife and various girlfriends did). After bit of training she nearly always does as I say. Once again unlike various ex's who always did the complete opposite, and as the old saying goes 'they are man's best friend'. I couldn't be without one