+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: FT: SUNDERLAND 0 - 1 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: SUNDERLAND v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    He seems to be easing Robinson back after injury.

I think it will be that team but with Ugbo or Tanner instead of Robinson.
    Wintle for Ralls, Tanner starting and Etete up front
    The message to Etete, do your job that you’re there to do, if not there’s the bench
    Sunderland are really on form, so a draw would be a good result

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    The message to Etete, do your job that you’re there to do, if not there’s the bench
    Not sure on Etete I think he needs to do more off the bench more regularly. Against Coventry was a good start, good goal and finish.
    I notice Bulut said he needs to grow “muscles” and totally agree, he needs to be stronger and more aggressive if he wants to be the focal point of the team.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Not sure on Etete I think he needs to do more off the bench more regularly. Against Coventry was a good start, good goal and finish.
    I notice Bulut said he needs to grow “muscles” and totally agree, he needs to be stronger and more aggressive if he wants to be the focal point of the team.
    yeah he definitely needs to learn to use his physicality.
    maybe like Jay Bothroyd who became a very different player when he was with us to how he had been earlier in his career

It frustrates me that Robinson, who was one bright thing in last season’s dismal campaign, is rarely used but looking at the big picture it could be that it’s very good management of a player who needs to be eased back in after injury. Having a decent squad certainly eases the blow of not having to rush a good player back. Early days but it seems as though some very astute business has been done in the transfer market.

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    jack Clarke has been their star man so far this season, attacking down the left, so Ng will need to be on it defensively and whichever winger is ahead of him will need to work hard as well. I think Tanner might be a second half sub again