Thread: Whittingham

Whittingham

Reckon he will jack in playing soon?

https://www.brfcs.com/mb/index.php?/search/&q=Whittingham

Re: Whittingham

Quote Originally Posted by uncle bob View Post

https://www.brfcs.com/mb/index.php?/...&q=Whittingham
    After a difficult start he's got himself back into the first team. However, it sounds like things are no different in League 1 than they are in the Championship for him. Comments such as "too slow", "sprayed passes everywhere", "passed it sideways", "lack of energy", "creator", "too slow", "only way Whittingham's going to get injured is when he's combing his hair" sounds like debates about Whittingham on here over the last few seasons.

He's dividing opinions at Blackburn. When he was with us, when there was criticism directed at him, there was still an acknowledgement of the years of great service and amazing memories we have of him. Blackburn fans won't have a memory bank of Whitts and are naturally going to be less forgiving if things don't go well.

Funnily enough I think he could still have been a bit part player for us this season. I never thought that moving down a division in search of regular football would make things any easier for Whitts. In fact, in the way we saw a better Graham Kavanagh when we got promoted, I thought Whitts would find life more difficult dropping down a division where midfield battles are harder and players have less vision.

Give it a rest Eric. Didn’t you slag the poor bloke off enough when he was our player?!?

ETHB is merely commenting on what he has seen written on their message board, rather than commenting on the player himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    After a difficult start he's got himself back into the first team. However, it sounds like things are no different in League 1 than they are in the Championship for him. Comments such as "too slow", "sprayed passes everywhere", "passed it sideways", "lack of energy", "creator", "too slow", "only way Whittingham's going to get injured is when he's combing his hair" sounds like debates about Whittingham on here over the last few seasons.

He's dividing opinions at Blackburn. When he was with us, when there was criticism directed at him, there was still an acknowledgement of the years of great service and amazing memories we have of him. Blackburn fans won't have a memory bank of Whitts and are naturally going to be less forgiving if things don't go well.

Funnily enough I think he could still have been a bit part player for us this season. I never thought that moving down a division in search of regular football would make things any easier for Whitts. In fact, in the way we saw a better Graham Kavanagh when we got promoted, I thought Whitts would find life more difficult dropping down a division where midfield battles are harder and players have less vision.

he has been found out

Quote Originally Posted by Blooburd View Post

he has been found out
    Found out at the age of 33.

Funnily enough a lot of the best players seem to get found out in their mid thirties

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post

Funnily enough a lot of the best players seem to get found out in their mid thirties

Banned

He's been ineffective for the last 3/4 seasons. Pity really.

Quote Originally Posted by Tandy View Post
    So have you.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Friday's Ghost View Post
    So have you.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Irony.
    Embarrassing. Very.

I really hope he finds that spark again

Quote Originally Posted by Tandy View Post
    You can argue the team has been less effective, that his effectiveness has been restricted, but (bar maybe last year) his productivity has still been vitally important to the team.

Think EThB has got it spot on, dropping down the league was not necessarily the way to go for him and going to a club where opposition would be up for it each game makes the challenge harder.

Quote Originally Posted by uncle bob View Post

https://www.brfcs.com/mb/index.php?/...&q=Whittingham
    No references to taking free kicks or corners.
    They helped to balance the argument for us in his favour, albeit more often than not last season they weren't so good either.
    Let's have him back as a coach in the acadamy.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY View Post
    No references to taking free kicks or corners.
    They helped to balance the argument for us in his favour, albeit more often than not last season they weren't so good either.
    Let's have him back as a coach in the acadamy.
    Should be a statue of him outside the ground

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post

Yeah, he's done well hasn't he!

lost it in the last Dave Jones season. Mugs like you are calling him a legend for a single great season.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    ETHB is merely commenting on what he has seen written on their message board, rather than commenting on the player himself.
    Your a bit weird aren't you, replying to someone who has you on ignore.

I bet it's unbearable form you isn't it, you know, with that constant need for attention.

lost it in the last Dave Jones season. Mugs like you are calling him a legend for a single great season.
    Theres only one mug involved in this thread and thats you. According to you, Whittingham didnt contribute anything to our Carling cup run in 2012, our promotion push over three seasons under Mackay, our season in the Premier League and rebuilding under Slade, Trollope and now Warnock. Absolute rubbish. He was our best player for a period of over
    nine years. If you cant see/acknowledge that then there is something seriously wrong with you.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Theres only one mug involved in this thread and thats you. According to you, Whittingham didnt contribute anything to our Carling cup run in 2012, our promotion push over three seasons under Mackay, our season in the Premier League and rebuilding under Slade, Trollope and now Warnock. Absolute rubbish. He was our best player for a period of over
    nine years. If you cant see/acknowledge that then there is something seriously wrong with you.

F.O Watcliff

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    F.O Watcliff

Another person I'm meant to be? I'm like clark kent on steroids on this board!

now you 'F.O' with your whittingham loving bullcrap

I know you're deliberately being a dick but it's worth mentioning that Whittingham is our third highest league goal scorer of all time so club legend is appropriate.

I'm sure I read there's a coach for set pieces at M'boro.
    If this includes free kicks, who better than Whittingham to have a similar job with us?
    As a previous poster said, a role within the academy also.

I put P.W. on a par with Peter King.

Quote Originally Posted by Louth View Post
    I'm sure I read there's a coach for set pieces at M'boro.
    If this includes free kicks, who better than Whittingham to have a similar job with us?
    As a previous poster said, a role within the academy also.

I put P.W. on a par with Peter King.
    I wonder if he was offered a similar position? I think he could still do an occasional job for us on the pitch, but all the noises made at the time suggested that Whitts wanted to go somewhere to play regular football.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I wonder if he was offered a similar position? I think he could still do an occasional job for us on the pitch, but all the noises made at the time suggested that Whitts wanted to go somewhere to play regular football.
    I was thinking of in the future.