+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Young Denham returns

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Young Denham returns

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    He's back from Dundee and apparently hasn't played since July. That's a massive red flag for me.

Shirley his development would have been better around the first team? Granted that's what will now happen, but why did it take the club this long to act?

This is a issue the club has ( and I know they are looking to do better ) When I youngster goes out on loan, the club doesnt check in with them to see how things are going, its almost like the players are on there own and forgotten about

as I said though, it is something the club are working on

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    This is a issue the club has ( and I know they are looking to do better ) When I youngster goes out on loan, the club doesnt check in with them to see how things are going, its almost like the players are on there own and forgotten about

as I said though, it is something the club are working on
    How about, (I know it's not a popular theory on here) He goes to Dundee, trains well, forces himself into the team, plays well and develops that way. Everyone is happy. This football shit isn't as complicated as people think.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    How about, (I know it's not a popular theory on here) He goes to Dundee, trains well, forces himself into the team, plays well and develops that way. Everyone is happy. This football shit isn't as complicated as people think.
    that would be a ideal situation, but when it goes wrong, the club doesn't know about it, as they are not " checking in / keeping tabs " on the players, yea sure, these are grown men and should be able to deal with it themselves, but it seems the club is aware of its issues over this and are doing more ( they are having a specific role to do it )

That's the truth about so many of our youngsters the problem is nobody ever makes it and we don't ever sell anybody on for a profit. Maybe there's something fundamentally wrong with our academy apart from the fact Darren purse is the coach,

Quote Originally Posted by pompey blue View Post
    That's the truth about so many of our youngsters the problem is nobody ever makes it and we don't ever sell anybody on for a profit. Maybe there's something fundamentally wrong with our academy apart from the fact Darren purse is the coach,
    The decent ones get snapped up by the big clubs.