+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Harris Got That Wrong.

Harris Got That Wrong.

Inviting them on for the first 50 minutes and allowing them to go through their sequence of play hoping that we'd hit them on the break when the reality was that Brentford did not like being pressed and were forced into making mistakes long balls and a lack of composure at times when we showed some adventure by putting the squeeze on them in their defensive third. He reacted but it was to late. Brentford are a tidy outfit but struggled when we played with a bit of confidence, pace and a little creativity. He got it wrong.

Re: Harris Got That Wrong.

I was curious to see Ward from the off, in hindsight maybe were better off with Madine and subbing later on.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    I was curious to see Ward from the off, in hindsight maybe were better off with Madine and subbing later on.
    Maybe, although i'd say that it's fine margins. Madine has a great touch and the ability to lay the ball off, he probably adds more than Ward in terms of quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Maybe, although i'd say that it's fine margins. Madine has a great touch and the ability to lay the ball off, he probably adds more than Ward in terms of quality.
    I think come next august this team will look VERY different.

Needed.

The last half hour certainly made me wonder why we don't play like that more often. We looked a different side.

If we started with Madine and lost we would be saying why didn’t we start with the in form goal scorer Ward

We looked rubbish first half but lots of positives from the second half.

Let Murphy go. It just hasn’t worked here

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    The last half hour certainly made me wonder why we don't play like that more often. We looked a different side.
    Because i don't think Harris fancies it, certainly not away from home. We were better than them for 35 minutes and they were making the mistakes and going long on occasions. It took us being behind by 2 goals for Harris to react.

Harris probably thought our new, rock-solid defence would weather the storm for the 1st half hour. He's got 2 of the best centre halves in the Championship in Morrison and Bamba. The sooner they're back, the better..

oh, and another thing. Is it just me who wonders if Etheridge is ever going to save a 50/50 again ?

Inviting them on for the first 50 minutes and allowing them to go through their sequence of play hoping that we'd hit them on the break when the reality was that Brentford did not like being pressed and were forced into making mistakes long balls and a lack of composure at times when we showed some adventure by putting the squeeze on them in their defensive third. He reacted but it was to late. Brentford are a tidy outfit but struggled when we played with a bit of confidence, pace and a little creativity. He got it wrong.
    I agree with that.

The first 60 mins were appalling, but the last 30 were better.

I’m happy to credit Harris with making an effective change but he is also responsible for the utter dross of the first 60 minutes that cost us 3 points.

Are you talking about someone else called ‘Madine’ as Gary Madine does certainly NOT have ‘a great touch’.

It is adequate at very best. Tomlin has a good touch, but no one in the team has a ‘great touch’ 🙄

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Are you talking about someone else called ‘Madine’ as Gary Madine does certainly NOT have ‘a great touch’.

It is adequate at very best. Tomlin has a good touch, but no one in the team has a ‘great touch’ ��
    From what i've seen Madine has decent control, maybe not great as i put it but he takes the ball down pretty well. Maybe i've only seen his good touches

From what i've seen Madine has decent control, maybe not great as i put it but he takes the ball down pretty well. Maybe i've only seen his good touches
    Madine is definitely the best hold up player weve got.

Madine showed excellent touches last night.
    He completely changed the game after he came on. Gave us a focal point and has to start against Leeds.

Morrison should come back in. We now have a different central two at the back to what we have had for 3 years years, and we a re leaking goals. As for Bamba being one of the best in the Championship, he is now 4th best at Cardiff.

Quote Originally Posted by Shute View Post
    Madine showed excellent touches last night.
    He completely changed the game after he came on. Gave us a focal point and has to start against Leeds.
    Whereas the formation change definitely helped, and we were much stronger for the final 30 minutes, attributing it to Madine's 'excellent touch' is a bit strong.

He held the ball up well a couple of times (that is the very least that any striker should be capable of doing), but everyone making out that he has a touch way beyond other players is just untrue and borderline farcical.

Away from home, Start with Madine , and put ward and tomlin on the bench. Keep it tight and bring on tomlin / ward if a goal required.

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post
    Away from home, Start with Madine , and put ward and tomlin on the bench. Keep it tight and bring on tomlin / ward if a goal required.
    So you’re saying “tackle.hoof.jump. repeat”, then?

Whereas the formation change definitely helped, and we were much stronger for the final 30 minutes, attributing it to Madine's 'excellent touch' is a bit strong.

He held the ball up well a couple of times (that is the very least that any striker should be capable of doing), but everyone making out that he has a touch way beyond other players is just untrue and borderline farcical.

We get it. You don’t think a lot of Madine.

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post
    **** that. Tomlin has to play.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    We get it. You don’t think a lot of Madine.
    Only a complete dullard would need to ‘get’ this.

Here to help 👍

Only a complete dullard would need to ‘get’ this.

Here to help 👍
    You’re quite chirpy for a fella that got bullied by skinny kids at an away game.