+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Arm our officers

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Richyrich

Re: Arm our officers

Agree with Colonel on this, they've got tasers which should be adequate to disable a knife-wielding maniac.

Quote Originally Posted by Richyrich View Post
    Agree with Colonel on this, they've got tasers which should be adequate to disable a knife-wielding maniac.
    But today they clearly were not enough.

The attacker killed one of the first line of friendly face cops I suspect. There to give some
    British normality in a very public place , yellow high vis jacket , maybe not even a taser.
    The next line of hard cops rightly took the killer out straight away.

A nutter with a knife intending to kill before the PC could even think about what was happening.

Taser tucked well out of sight of Joe Public if he even had one.

Get ferking real RR.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWales View Post

The attacker killed one of the first line of friendly face cops I suspect. There to give some
    British normality in a very public place , yellow high vis jacket , maybe not even a taser.

A nutter with a knife intending to kill before the PC could even think about what was happening.

Get ferking real RR.
    I'm sure I heard earlier from one of the high up police spokesmen that the officer killed was armed?
    I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    I'm sure I heard earlier from one of the high up police spokesmen that the officer killed was armed?
    I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure.
    answering my own question but, yes he was armed

Four people have been killed in a "sick and depraved" terror attack that brought carnage to the heart of London, including the armed police*officer who was stabbed and his*assailant.

answering my own question but, yes he was armed

Four people have been killed in a "sick and depraved" terror attack that brought carnage to the heart of London, including the armed police*officer who was stabbed and his*assailant.
    From the BBC, The attacker, armed with a knife, ran to Parliament where he was confronted by the police. One officer - who police said was not armed - was stabbed and killed.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    From the BBC, The attacker, armed with a knife, ran to Parliament where he was confronted by the police. One officer - who police said was not armed - was stabbed and killed.
    I was going from what a senior officer said earlier and the quote was from the telegraph, but its just been said on news at 10 that he wasn't armed, so a few contradictory reports which isn't unusual I suppose.

I was going from what a senior officer said earlier and the quote was from the telegraph, but its just been said on news at 10 that he wasn't armed, so a few contradictory reports which isn't unusual I suppose.
    aye, the BBC could be wrong, but they 10 mins ago have just done a " what we know so far " type of thing

Banned

Maybe next time you will wait until all the facts are out then.

Richyrich

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWales View Post

Get ferking real RR.
    The officer killed was armed it's being reported.

Quote Originally Posted by SOXY BOY View Post
    I think the Police officer who was killed was actually armed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Packerman View Post
    i was thinking the same, if he was inside the parliamentary secure area then surely he was armed??
    Errr...
    No, he wasn't.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-39359158