+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Interesting article on Joe Ralls here

Re: Interesting article on Joe Ralls here

Ralls is a decent Championship midfielder. If we go down, I couldn't think of any Premier League side that would be in a race for his signature.

Better than Neves? Jesus Christ.

I though Arter was decent against Arsenal apart from that chance he should have buried.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Neves has played defensive midfield plenty of times though? He basically is a deep lying defensive midfielder, have you not watched him?

I mean come on now there’s being biased and there’s being biased. I’m not saying Ralls is a bad player but comparing him to Neves in any aspect of his game is one of the most ridiculous things I’ve ever seen.
    Oh so that’s it then.
    Let’s go with your subjective judgement after watching him once, maybe twice last year ? Or do you have a Wolves season ticket you’ve not been telling us about.

Or perhaps compare the facts over a full season both playing for similarly successful sides

Ralls v Neves

Goals 7-6
    Assists 4-1
    Yellows 8-11
    Reds 0-1
    Key Passes 1.9-2.0
    Average Rating 7.29- 7.22
    Ariels 1.9-0.9
    Pass % 66.9-84.9
    Tackles 2.4-2.3
    Interceptions 1.3-1.7
    Clearances 1.4-1.2

Apart from the pass % I reckon Ralls does well on the rest and prior to Warnock arriving that was around 80% as well... although that didn’t work out well. Defensively he scores higher on 3 of the 4 key measures

As I said... underrated even by our own fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Oh so that’s it then.
    Let’s go with your subjective judgement after watching him once, maybe twice last year ? Or do you have a Wolves season ticket you’ve not been telling us about.

Or perhaps compare the facts over a full season both playing for similarly successful sides

Ralls v Neves

Goals 7-6
    Assists 4-1
    Yellows 8-11
    Reds 0-1
    Key Passes 1.9-2.0
    Ariels 1.9-0.9
    Pass % 66.9-84.9
    Tackles 2.4-2.3
    Interceptions 1.3-1.7
    Clearances 1.4-1.2

Apart from the pass % I reckon Ralls does well on the rest and prior to Warnock arriving that was around 80% as well... although that didn’t work out well. Defensively he scores higher on 3 of the 4 key measures

You can manipulate stats to tell what you want I've seen him on telly a few times and he's clearly far better than Ralls

Oh so that’s it then.

Ralls v Neves

Goals 7-6
    Assists 4-1
    Yellows 8-11
    Reds 0-1
    Key Passes 1.9-2.0
    Ariels 1.9-0.9
    Pass % 66.9-84.9
    Tackles 2.4-2.3
    Interceptions 1.3-1.7
    Clearances 1.4-1.2

I’ve seen him play way more than 2 times a season though. And it isn’t just my opinion on him listen to any podcast or read any article on him and he’s always been thought of as one of the next big things.

I’ve seen him and ralls more than enough to make a judgement too, one will play in the champions league and one will play in the championship.

I think ralls is a good player but I’m not blinded by enough by loyalty to compare them.

Also if you want to bring statistics into it look at that passing stat, they’re midfielders.

If I can’t jdge neves how can you? You didn’t even know he was a defensive midfielder!

Thé main reason I never want to talk about football is because of how biased people are. You can think someone is good without him playing for your side.

And just because a player plays for your side you don’t have to think he’s better than any other midfielder.

I bet you were laughing at the wolves ramsey thread too now you’re tarring us with the brush or ralls being better than neves!

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    You can manipulate stats to tell what you want I've seen him on telly a few times and he's clearly far better than Ralls
    😂😂

Firstly I’m not manipulating stats.
    I’m quoting direct stats some of which are favourable some aren’t.

I’ve already said that Neves is probably better attack wise, but Ralls probably better defensively. So it’s not like I’m making an outrageous statement here.

These stats are based on a whole season- how the **** is that manipulative?

Second, you’ve seen him on TV a few times.. if you think that over rides a whole season’s worth of data , which you seem quite happy to ignore...then I’ll leave you to your subjective judgement.

Thé main reason I never want to talk about football is because of how biased people are. You can think someone is good without him playing for your side.

And just because a player plays for your side you don’t have to think he’s better than any other midfielder.

I bet you were laughing at the wolves ramsey thread too now you’re tarring us with the brush or ralls being better than neves!
    You accuse me of bias, but then ignore completely all the facts I put up.

😂

I’ve seen him play way more than 2 times a season though. And it isn’t just my opinion on him listen to any podcast or read any article on him and he’s always been thought of as one of the next big things.

I’ve seen him and ralls more than enough to make a judgement too, one will play in the champions league and one will play in the championship.

I think ralls is a good player but I’m not blinded by enough by loyalty to compare them.

Also if you want to bring statistics into it look at that passing stat, they’re midfielders.

If I can’t jdge neves how can you? You didn’t even know he was a defensive midfielder!
    Did you not read what I said originally?
    I said Ralls was probably better defensively- so you pick ONE stat out that has nothing to do with defending FFS.

Some of you need to calm down a bit

I like Ralls but I often wonder if I’m watching the same player as some
    Agree. I think his ball control sometimes lets him down. He sometimes needs to long on the ball and invariably gets it taken off him against better opponents. Was lacking against Man city last week. That said he had some very good games last season and with a bit more sharpness about him would hold his own in the premiership.
    Spedger

Did you not read what I said originally?
    I said Ralls was probably better defensively- so you pick ONE stat out that has nothing to do with defending FFS.

Some of you need to calm down a bit
    Ralls isn’t better defensively though, Neves best position is defensive midfield. He’s just very good at attacking too.

I’m not saying ralls is a bad player but he isn’t in Neves’ league in any aspect of his game.

Like you can pick any stats you want but I’ve seen them both play enough and I know which one will have a better career.

You accuse me of bias, but then ignore completely all the facts I put up.

😂
    I haven’t ignored them but they don’t tell the full story. Modric never got many assist or goals at spurs and was derided for it then signed for Madrid and has won the world player of the year.

You can selectively use stats all you want but they don’t tell the full story.

����

Firstly I’m not manipulating stats.
    I’m quoting direct stats some of which are favourable some aren’t.

I’ve already said that Neves is probably better attack wise, but Ralls probably better defensively. So it’s not like I’m making an outrageous statement here.

These stats are based on a whole season- how the **** is that manipulative?

Second, you’ve seen him on TV a few times.. if you think that over rides a whole season’s worth of data , which you seem quite happy to ignore...then I’ll leave you to your subjective judgement.
    I didn't mean you manipulate them but I didn't word it very well what I meant was stats are manipulated in general. I've only seen mbappe a few times on telly but I know he's better than zahore

I haven’t ignored them but they don’t tell the full story. Modric never got many assist or goals at spurs and was derided for it then signed for Madrid and has won the world player of the year.

You can selectively use stats all you want but they don’t tell the full story.
    FFS they are not SELECTIVE stats.
    They are the full stats for a season.

They cover virtually every aspect of play

They are the most objective measure of comparison and the funny thing is, you clearly aren’t prepared to take them on board as they don’t match your judgement based on a few TV games.

I’ve put them out there so everyone can see the facts for themselves.

Same as the original article did.

That’s fine, it’s your choice, but I certainly will take account of this when I make my judgement

I didn't mean you manipulate them but I didn't word it very well what I meant was stats are manipulated in general. I've only seen mbappe a few times on telly but I know he's better than zahore
    That’s not a very strong argument is it 😂

The stats I’ve given have been put together by people who have no motive to manipulate and I certainly haven’t doctored them.

There could be factors which affect them, ie Ralls winning more headers due to the way we play and scoring more due to pens, Neves pass % benefitting from the way Wolves play, but the stats are exactly what they are.

By the way... it’s Zohore 👍

Ralls isn’t better defensively though, Neves best position is defensive midfield. He’s just very good at attacking too.

I’m not saying ralls is a bad player but he isn’t in Neves’ league in any aspect of his but he isn’t in Neves’ league in any aspect of his gamegame.

Like you can pick any stats you want but I’ve seen them both play enough and I know which one will have a better career.

‘’but he isn’t in Neves’ league in any aspect of his game’’

So, which games did you see Neves play in and what defensive work did he do that particularly impressed you ?
    I’m interested now.

I like a bit of analysis- especially when you make statements like the one above, despite most of the statistical evidence showing the opposite.

FFS they are not SELECTIVE stats.
    They are the full stats for a season.

They cover virtually every aspect of play

They are the most objective measure of comparison and the funny thing is, you clearly aren’t prepared to take them on board as they don’t match your judgement based on a few TV games.

I’ve put them out there so everyone can see the facts for themselves.

Same as the original article did.

That’s fine, it’s your choice, but I certainly will take account of this when I make my judgement
    But I’ve seen them play plenty of times, i think ralls is a decent player and will play in the upper championship lower premiership unless he massively improves.

Neves is a top class midfielder who controls and game. He will play in a top league and in the champions league for the majority of his career.

The stats show they both had good seasons last season and they did. But that doesn’t mean neves isn’t a far superior player.

Are you also ignoring the fact that neves is almost 4 years younger than Ralls? Do you think when he’s 24 Neves will be playing for a club like us in a relegation battle?

And finally do you actually think Ralls is a better player than Neves?

Sounds like Roathy has hacked Lawnmowers account

Lawnmower do you think Ralls will ever get an England cap? Neves already has 7 caps for Portugal ffs.

Are you also ignoring the fact that neves is almost 4 years younger than Ralls? Do you think when he’s 24 Neves will be playing for a club like us in a relegation battle?

And finally do you actually think Ralls is a better player than Neves?
    Why are you changing the question ?

I asked you what games you’d seen Neves play and what defensive work he’d done that stood out, and you’ve just come up with stuff about the future that nobody will know for sure.

But I’ve seen them play plenty of times, i think ralls is a decent player and will play in the upper championship lower premiership unless he massively improves.

Neves is a top class midfielder who controls and game. He will play in a top league and in the champions league for the majority of his career.

The stats show they both had good seasons last season and they did. But that doesn’t mean neves isn’t a far superior player.
    The stats show that Ralls was a more effective defender last season.

And that Neves is much better at retaining possession.

And yes I agree they aren’t everything, but they are an important measure when comparing 2 players.

The rest is just opinion

And yes I agree they aren’t everything, but they are an important measure when comparing 2 players.

The rest is just opinion
    So maybe Neves is doing his job a lot better than Ralls which results in the fact he doesn't have to defend as often

The rest is just opinion
    How do they show he was more effecfive? Neves interceptions and and tackles add up to more than Ralls?

And due to Wolves dominating posession, thanks to Neves, they had less defending to do.