+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: so Spillers bans Morrissey

Re: so Spillers bans Morrissey

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    All this fuss about a nobody who has achieved a small little cult following.
    It's not actually about Morrissey, he is just the vehicle that is being used to stifle freedom of speech. Who will be next?

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    It's not actually about Morrissey, he is just the vehicle that is being used to stifle freedom of speech. Who will be next?
    But you can buy the album anywhere, even on line.
    If the album has volume sales the only loser is Spillers

There's some nutters on this board

In that case I fail to see the point of your interjection, as I haven't said he can't sell whatever he wants. The point I was making is if he wants to define what freed speech is acceptable, then I can vote with my wallet not to support that business. I support freedom of speech for everybody, even if I don't agree with some of it. When you start interfering with who can say what, you are on the slippery slope to Marxism. That's why I say let the proper authority decide what is acceptable, not a shop keeper here and a coffee shop owner there. Society will soon decend into chaos if you go down that road.
    But the owner of Spillers makes decisions not to sell certain records every week, in fact all record shops do. Otherwise every record ever released would be on sale in Spillers. Are they curtailing Hansen's free speech by not stocking their album because they think they're shit?

WTF are you on about.. Nobody's 'free speech' is being stifled here, speech is free but not without consequence, the consequences of this turdbags mutterings are that a shop doesn't want to sell his shitty record.

And I've decided to boycott Spillers, not because I support the views of Morrissey, I just don't think any retailer should become a self-appointed chief of the thought police.
    Do you think this is the first time a retailer has decided not to stock a record on the grounds of what an artist or group says, does or represents?

Why is everybody so keen on pushing communist ideology?

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    But the owner of Spillers makes decisions not to sell certain records every week, in fact all record shops do. Otherwise every record ever released would be on sale in Spillers. Are they curtailing Hansen's free speech by not stocking their album because they think they're shit?
    If all record shop owners selected their stock according to the political leanings of the artists, that would make them propagandists.

If all record shop owners selected their stock according to the political leanings of the artists, that would make them propagandists.
    Remember Skrewdriver? Their records weren't banned but nobody would stock them. I guess all of the major retailers are or were propagandists.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Remember Skrewdriver? Their records weren't banned but nobody would stock them. I guess all of the major retailers are or were propagandists.
    Free speech is the central pillar of democracy, yet people are advocating for the shutting down of opinions that they don't agree with. The same thing is happening on Facebook and Twitter, this is not an isolated incident.

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    There's some nutters on this board
    Getting personal again is it? This seems to be your modus operandi, insulting anybody who has a different view to you. How tolerant you are

Quote Originally Posted by Freitag 4.17 View Post
    WTF are you on about.. Nobody's 'free speech' is being stifled here, speech is free but not without consequence, the consequences of this turdbags mutterings are that a shop doesn't want to sell his shitty record.
    Anybody with the flimsiest knowledge of history will know how it all ends up when you start moderating free speech. May I suggest that anyone with a penchant for such a thing move to North Korea, as that would be right up their street

Why is everybody so keen on pushing communist ideology?

Defending a private business who make money from selling things they themselves do not create, classic Communism!

Anybody with the flimsiest knowledge of history will know how it all ends up when you start moderating free speech. May I suggest that anyone with a penchant for such a thing move to North Korea, as that would be right up their street
    Trouble with your lot banging on about free speech is that it's totally disingenuous and argued for in bad faith, right wing fascists are the least tolerant people on Earth yet turn in to an avalanche of snowflakery when they feel they are not tolerated...

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...arks-in-london

I'm guessing your up in arms that 'The Jurisprudence of Blood' by Abu Abdullah al-Muhajir isn't stocked in your local Waterstones.?

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post

Defending a private business who make money from selling things they themselves do not create, classic Communism!
    I bet you are all for the spying on political opponents too, as long as it's not the one that you vote for. You see, when you start all of this shit, you can never stop.

Trouble with your lot banging on about free speech is that it's totally disingenuous and argued for in bad faith, right wing fascists are the least tolerant people on Earth yet turn in to an avalanche of snowflakery when they feel they are not tolerated...

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...arks-in-london

I'm guessing your up in arms that 'The Jurisprudence of Blood' by Abu Abdullah al-Muhajir isn't stocked in your local Waterstones.?
    Who is my lot?

It should be up to the lawmakers to set the boundaries of free speech, not political activists.

Who is my lot?
    Pearl clutching, pojecting, conspiracy theorising, right leaning, jew fearing, hypocritical, 'free speech' enthusing, not right in the mind people such as your good self.

Pearl clutching, pojecting, conspiracy theorising, right leaning, jew fearing, hypocritical, 'free speech' enthusing, not right in the mind people such as your good self.
    I've only ever voted for Labour, how about you? My observations are made on an intellectual level, not because I have a horse the race. It's people like you who can't see any further than the end of their own noses.

Getting personal again is it? This seems to be your modus operandi, insulting anybody who has a different view to you. How tolerant you are
    Strangely enough I wasn't just talking about you

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Strangely enough I wasn't just talking about you
    It doesn't matter. Your language gives you away every time Maybe spend more time on constructing a decent argument

Free speech is the central pillar of democracy, yet people are advocating for the shutting down of opinions that they don't agree with.
    No they're not, people are saying that a privately owned record shop can stock what it wants

Blog Entries

Suggesting that people are "not right in the mind" because they don't share your views is pretty low

I'm going to have my dinner, and when I come back I hope to see some convincing arguments being made, showing why opinions that you don't agree with have to be silenced, and why it is a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    Suggesting that people are "not right in the mind" because they don't share your views is pretty low
    It's all they've got, and they don't even know why they believe what they do!

I've only ever voted for Labour, how about you? My observations are made on an intellectual level, not because I have a horse the race. It's people like you who can't see any further than the end of their own noses.
    In that case I'd review your observations a bit more rigorously if I were you as your promulgations don't reach any intellectual level whatsoever.