Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
Even if the rebrand cost us less than Cornelius (which I suspect it might have), once you add in all of the money wasted on bad buys since Malky Mackay left and what it cost us to cancel their contracts in many cases, it dwarfs the money Mackay wasted on the Dane.

I deliberately avoided this thread for a while because it's a subject that's got nothing new to be said on it - I've mellowed towards Vincent Tan a bit in recent years, but I just don't get why he needed to bring Cornelius/Mackay up yet again on the weekend.

Anyway, what prompted me to finally post in the thread was this rubbish posted by ccfc_is_my_life as he decided to rewrite history;-

"Season we went into the Prem, wasn't it something like last 12 games we got 17 points out of a possible 36? We limped into the Prem, aided by teams around us also slumping. It was as if nobody wanted to go up!"

The truth is we won the league easing up by eight points, so "limping into the Prem", is complete drivel! The League was won in a three month burst of form after the Peterborough home defeat in December that took us miles clear of the chasing pack.

I know it's painful for some to admit, but we were the best team in the Championship by a distance that season. We had a go at playing open, entertaining football for the first three months of the campaign and succeeded in doing so at times, but there were too many away goals conceded and too many defeats on our travels, so that approach was, rightly, binned after Charlton 5 Cardiff 4 in early November - there are things that Malky Mackay can legitimately be criticised for, but you'll never catch me having a go at him for doing something no other City manager has achieved in it's history.
Good assessment, but other managers won promotion to the top division.