+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Labour revolt over SNP ceasefire vote.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Labour revolt over SNP ceasefire vote.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    I've asked this before, and i do get that sometimes change is needed for changes sake or that people want to punish govts but what are you expecting to get significantly better or different that wouldn't happen anyway?
    Are you trying to say there is no difference between the two parties or that politicians don't have enough power to change anything?

I would like a few years of boring, the conservatives are actually creating most of their own problems by endlessly trying to spin everything and pick up brownie points with their base, then the country suffers as they reverse or double down on those silly policies.

I feel Labour are more naturally committed to embracing the opportunities of the future, one of the few tangible positives of a genuine conservative government is that they don't take risks and preserve. They haven't done this for years, they are now just the 'it was better in my day' party, which is depressing.

Starmer is trying to win an election by default, not take any risks and so it's very difficult for anybody to pin point anything tangible that will be improved.

Just less scandal, sleeze, corruption would be a wonderful start, like the stuff that rishi promised and hasn't delivered. I might disagree with starmer on a few things and dislike the way he has embraced playing politics (especially within his own party) but I don't doubt his motivation and integrity. Not sure I can say the same about Rishi. Definitely couldn't say the same about Boris.

You won't find me posting messages supporting the Tories nor the Labour party as neither of them appeal to me and, as a result, I don't get involved the Punch and Judy left v right spats on here.
    However, I have to say that this current Conservative government seems to be the most corrupt, devious, unethical, dishonest and despicable bunch I can remember in almost 50 years of voting.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    You won't find me posting messages supporting the Tories nor the Labour party as neither of them appeal to me and, as a result, I don't get involved the Punch and Judy left v right spats on here.
    However, I have to say that this current Conservative government seems to be the most corrupt, devious, unethical, dishonest and despicable bunch I can remember in almost 50 years of voting.

^^^^^^ Absolutely this ^^^^^