+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: FT: Wales 2 - 1 Slovakia *OFFICIAL THREAD*

Re: FT: Wales 2 - 1 Slovakia *OFFICIAL THREAD*

Wow great result ,great dig, i'm not a huge international footy fan, but I must say that was a bloody good effort and puts them in a great position England to win now will make it even better and put less pressure on our game with them . They make the next round unbelievable,just hope their engines are strong enough for all these being so close together and the effort /intensity they need to put into each game

Quote Originally Posted by Rhiw-Blue View Post
    Not a draw?
    Nota draw I want Ingerland on the plane home

Re: Wales v Slovakia *OFFICIAL THREAD*

Jonny Williams is a show pony who will do a couple of things in a game to catch the eye but nothing of significance.

Why Robson-Kanu is useless at club level but brilliant at international level is an enduring mystery.

Why our manager didn't do more to make sure Bale had more of the ball is another mystery. Ramsey worked so hard he was out on his feet. He needs more support.

But - we won!! A great result, and England will be worried!!

Quote Originally Posted by rich munn View Post
    Jonny Williams is a show pony who will do a couple of things in a game to catch the eye but nothing of significance.

Why Robson-Kanu is useless at club level but brilliant at international level is an enduring mystery.

Why our manager didn't do more to make sure Bale had more of the ball is another mystery. Ramsey worked so hard he was out on his feet. He needs more support.

I thought Jonny Williams was terrific. He won the freekick that Bale scored from and should have had a pen when Skrtel elbowed him. He also had some good runs. Baffled by the negativity about him.
    HRK played well for us last season but is always injury prone. Allen was outstanding today. Ramsey worked hard but as very erratic.

Rubbish. Apart from the result

Brilliant. Including the result.

Negativity about Jonny Williams is incredible to read on here, he was absolutely superb. As mentioned in previous posts, he won the free kick we scored from and should have had a clear pen from that horrible bastard Skrtel elbowing his face 3 yards off the ball. He worked hard and did great when called upon.

Ben Davies was the star of the show as far as the defence line goes, a magnificent performance. Ramsey seemed to run a marathon he was everywhere and was fantastic. Great to see Taylor and Gunter getting up the pitch and playing as wide as possible as it ultimately created the space for Robson-Kanu's goal, who changed the game when he came on. Well done to Danny Ward for being thrown in the deep end today and Edwards who did his job alongside a magnificent Joe Allen. On a final note, great to see Ledley get some minutes - a truly phenomenal recovery.

Ward - 7
    Gunter - 7
    Chester - 8
    Williams - 8
    Davies - 9
    Taylor - 7
    Edwards - 7
    Allen - 8
    Ramsey - 9
    Bale - 8
    J Williams - 8

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    Negativity about Jonny Williams is incredible to read on here, he was absolutely superb. As mentioned in previous posts, he won the free kick we scored from and should have had a clear pen from that horrible bastard Skrtel elbowing his face 3 yards off the ball. He worked hard and did great when called upon.

Ben Davies was the star of the show as far as the defence line goes, a magnificent performance. Ramsey seemed to run a marathon he was everywhere and was fantastic. Great to see Taylor and Gunter getting up the pitch and playing as wide as possible as it ultimately created the space for Robson-Kanu's goal, who changed the game when he came on. Well done to Danny Ward for being thrown in the deep end today and Edwards who did his job alongside a magnificent Joe Allen. On a final note, great to see Ledley get some minutes - a truly phenomenal recovery.

Ward - 7
    Gunter - 7
    Chester - 8
    Williams - 8
    Davies - 9
    Taylor - 7
    Edwards - 7
    Allen - 8
    Ramsey - 9
    Bale - 8
    J Williams - 8
    Yep the negative comments about Williams are astonishing. He was terrific. I think your ratings are very kind to both Bale and Ramsey though. Ramsey made a right hash of two clear cut chances and Bale was way below par.

Ramsey was erratic (true) but Williams was terrific?

I like you and your love of cricket, Pearcey, but Williams looks good and deceives. Won a free-kick; should have had a pen....

Williams has always been a show pony. Our delightful non-chav manager (see how nice I can be?) played him in a position from where he did next-to-nothing, and the so-called system left Bale out of the picture in the first half. And the second half.

With 15 minutes left we were blowing and in trouble. The genius finally did what he should have done at half-time and replaced Williams.

None of this means that I am not delighted with our win and our position at the top of the group. I hope we win every game.

Terrible post.

Ramsey was erratic (true) but Williams was terrific?

I like you and your love of cricket, Pearcey, but Williams looks good and deceives. Won a free-kick; should have had a pen....

Williams has always been a show pony. Our delightful non-chav manager (see how nice I can be?) played him in a position from where he did next-to-nothing, and the so-called system left Bale out of the picture in the first half. And the second half.

With 15 minutes left we were blowing and in trouble. The genius finally did what he should have done at half-time and replaced Williams.

None of this means that I am not delighted with our win and our position at the top of the group. I hope we win every game.

No worries Rich. It's different opinions but in the end a great day and one we have all waited a long time for.

The last 10 mins was the hardest I have ever watched fair play to the boys I thought we was fecked after they scored but to come back like that showed some balls hopefully hrk and ledley start on Thursday thought Allen was immense today hopefully Bale will be a lot better on Thursday

Don't think Bale and Rambo will have a poorer game than that so happy they got that one out of their way and looking forward to England.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Don't think Bale and Rambo will have a poorer game than that so happy they got that one out of their way and looking forward to England.
    Bale was so poor. He didn't seem to be trying. I thought he was carrying an injury.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Bale was so poor. He didn't seem to be trying. I thought he was carrying an injury.
    You think? I thought part of it was because he was tracking back and was more or less a defensive/central midfielder at times which is obviously something he's not used to.
    He looked extremely comfortable and equally dangerous when we had a couple of breaks at the end when he was running at a defence (both times they shat themselves).
    We'll see, I'm hoping we've blown the cobwebs away today and the team who ended the game (excluding Rambos sub) should be the one who starts the next.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R View Post
    Kicking off outside the stadium. A Welsh guy hugged a Slovakian too hard. Shameful scenes.

Attachment 439
    Wot no name check 😣

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Great photo that
    Yeah, thanks 🙄

Quote Originally Posted by Arfur Europe View Post
    Wot no name check ��
    Sorry mate, what was I thinking.

Thanks to Vince and the Supporters Club for the pic.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post

Ward - 7
    Gunter - 7
    Chester - 8
    Williams - 8
    Davies - 9
    Taylor - 7
    Edwards - 7
    Allen - 8
    Ramsey - 9
    Bale - 8
    J Williams - 8
    Ward 6

Gunter 8
    Chester 8
    Williams 7
    Davies 9
    Taylor 7

Allen 8
    Edwards 7
    Ramsey 7
    Williams 8

Bale 7

Some very odd comments about Jonny Williams in this thread.

Richyrich

Last edited by Richyrich; 12-06-16 at 05:50.

Don't see how any of our players can be criticised; we know they have their limitations before the game so performing to their best and doing the job asked of them is all we can hope for. Even bale, who wasn't his usual 10/10 self, was so important and ran so much for the side that it's hard to be disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Ward 6

Gunter 8
    Chester 8
    Williams 7
    Davies 9
    Taylor 7

Allen 8
    Edwards 7
    Ramsey 7
    Williams 8

Bale 7

Some very odd comments about Jonny Williams in this thread.
    Agree with the comment about the Jonny Williams comments. He is a small guy playing against some proper bruisers.
    The referee gave our lads little protection and Bale was constantly fouled from behind which was a factor in him, by his own standards, having an off day.
    Our full backs were terrific in supporting the attacks though we rode our luck after they scored, looking ragged at times defensively... it looked at this stage that we would cave in but Coleman changed it just in time.

As someone said tho, it's hard to be too critical of anyone when we know our boys' limitations.
    This especially so as most predicted a win would only be possible with our talismanic top boys playing at their best, which most agree did not happen.

I do envisage changes for the England game. I see the same workmanlike performance but being a bit more defensive and more reliance on the counter.
    Oh for a strong referee, one who is a Real Madrid fan!
    Last edited by MacAdder; 12-06-16 at 07:59. Reason: Better English

Richyrich

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Don't see how any of our players can be criticised; we know they have their limitations before the game so performing to their best and doing the job asked of them is all we can hope for. Even bale, who wasn't his usual 10/10 self, was so important and ran so much for the side that it's hard to be disappointed.
    ^this.

I'd be delighted if we signed J Williams, Robson-Kanu, Chris Gunter etc. After this tournament.

Robson-Kanu particularly, who hasn't been the best for Reading, changed the game yesterday and wouldn't be surprised if he was at a Premier League club come August.

Ben Davies deserves a special mention and probably had 2 of our 5 most important moments.