Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
It's pretty clear you're going to stand by your opinion on this one TH. Even though your rationale appears to still be evolving.

In your first post you simply stated that someone told him it wouldn't be a problem.

Then you added into a follow-up post that it also might actually have been that nobody specifically told him that it would be.

Now in the latest you're saying he may also have actually been told it's a really bad idea.

But in every evolving scenario he's absolved of responsibility for a decision he made. I think you're missing the simplest and most obvious explanation - as outlined in the rebranding statement that he would have signed-off, that he knew very well it would be controversial and unpopular for some fans, but he just wanted to do it anyway.
I wouldn't say it's evolving as such, but I do take on board sensible comments like yours and consider that there may be other scenarios.

But I still maintain that if someone had said to him "Red shirts? You're having a laugh mate, that'll cause a shitstorm" then the rebrand may not have happened. Tan's a billionaire with numerous businesses so I just can't understand why he would put himself through all that grief. My opinion is that the most likely scenario is that during negotiations, someone's told him it wouldn't be that big a deal, just give us your money. But I accept that I may be wrong.

I certainly don't absolve him of blame, even taking the emotion out of it, you'd expect there to be some more detailed due dilligence before making a decision like that. He fvcked up, not arguments, but I think he's righted that wrong.