+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Breaking news of an "explosion" at Manchester Arena

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Breaking news of an "explosion" at Manchester Arena

All you can do is get on with your lives or the terrorists win. I lived in London for over 30 years when the IRA were
    bombing away and I lost about half a dozen friends during that time. All wrong place wrong time.

I lost another friend on 7/7 but we have to keep going.

At the 2012 Olympics I was a Gamesmaker and every day when I travelled to the Olympic Park I looked around the packed carriages
    wondering if anyone had a rucksack bomb but we carried on.

I went to all the Wales games at Euro 2016 and the security was tight and rightly so but we all have to have some
    enjoyment in our lives otherwise we'd sit at home and go up the wall.

So keep calm and carry on everyone.

I know it's a dreadful cliche but at times like this it is all we can do.

Re: Breaking news of an "explosion" at Manchester Arena

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWales View Post
    All you can do is get on with your lives or the terrorists win. I lived in London for over 30 years when the IRA were
    bombing away and I lost about half a dozen friends during that time. All wrong place wrong time.

I lost another friend on 7/7 but we have to keep going.

At the 2012 Olympics I was a Gamesmaker and every day when I travelled to the Olympic Park I looked around the packed carriages
    wondering if anyone had a rucksack bomb but we carried on.

I went to all the Wales games at Euro 2016 and the security was tight and rightly so but we all have to have some
    enjoyment in our lives otherwise we'd sit at home and go up the wall.

So keep calm and carry on everyone.

I know it's a dreadful cliche but at times like this it is all we can do.
    Sorry for your losses - must be harrowing losing friends to mindless acts of terrorism. In whose name/religion, etc? Who the **** cares, really? My daughter wanted to go to this concert but luckily we didn't get tickets for her. Some of her friends from school went and thankfully are alive and well, badly scarred and shaken though. My boss knows a couple who went with their two daughters. The mother was knocked out by a bin that was blown into her. By pure fluke the kids and husband are ok. He is an independant security expert and never noticed any threat etc which makes it pretty obvious that this probably wouldn't have been prevented even if people had thier wits about them.

I am taking my son into Manchester on Saturday. Am I scared? Nope. Will I think twice? Nope. **** them - if we had to think about everything we did after attrocities like this then life would be pretty shite. Like you say - life goes on. Don't let these scum ruin your life.