+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Electoral pacts

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Electoral pacts

So, I suppose what it boils down to now is whether Brexit Party voters in the North East, the North West, the Midlands and South Wales will be happy with the revelation that they will be, effectively, voting Conservative?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    So, I suppose what it boils down to now is whether Brexit Party voters in the North East, the North West, the Midlands and South Wales will be happy with the revelation that they will be, effectively, voting Conservative?
    I'm not convinced that Farage has finished chickening out yet. As many of the commentaries on this decision today say the Brexit Party is sliding in the polls, may not be bankrolled as much as in previous GEs and Farage has decided he won't personally stand - leading from the back!

As it goes though, Brexit supporters in Tory seats will have to decide whether to back the Tories or abstain - I don't suppose there are many Brexit supporters in Tory seats who would vote for a party other than the Tories?

In the non-Tory seats where Brexit (for now) are planning to stand, the interesting question will be whether they continue to support and vote for Brexit, or switch to the Tories as the new Brexit Party (boosting chances of seats switching from Labour to Tory) or they read the manifestos and decide that backing a bunch of posh, incompetent, racist wreckers is a bad idea, and return to Labour.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

A lot of labour voters will actually be voting conservative. It's a special circumstance where only tribal voters will support labour, and anyone of conscience will vote against them to stop anti semitism and reinforce the right of the public to have their votes acted upon.