+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Slade Sacked!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Slade Sacked!

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Very True. Slade was asked to do a specific job, and he did it. The problem was that "entertainment" wasn't part of the job description.

The real villain of the piece here is Trollope imho, but even then I think he fell into the old trap of being promoted to a position he wasn't ready for.

As you say, most of the anti-slade posts are more to do with Tandy than Slade imho.
    I totally disagree that Trollope was a villain. Trollope was a true football man who was committed to turning this club around, but for one reason or another his man management skills weren't up to the task and further goes to show that a good coach doesn't always equate to a good manager.

Slade was a chancer who somehow blagged his way through 18 months at this club. He should have gone after the Watford debacle around Christmas time just before he brought Trollope in.

I've outlined the reasons i thought so little of him many times and none of this had anything to do with Tandy.

I don't take pleaure in him being sacked at Coventry though (the part once he moved on was to do with Tandy baiting) I'm just glad i no longer have to endure his "brand" of football.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    I totally disagree that Trollope was a villain. Trollope was a true football man who was committed to turning this club around, but for one reason or another his man management skills weren't up to the task and further goes to show that a good coach doesn't always equate to a good manager.

Slade was a chancer who somehow blagged his way through 18 months at this club. He should have gone after the Watford debacle around Christmas time just before he brought Trollope in.

I've outlined the reasons i thought so little of him many times and none of this had anything to do with Tandy.

I don't take pleaure in him being sacked at Coventry though (the part once he moved on was to do with Tandy baiting) I'm just glad i no longer have to endure his "brand" of football.

This pretty much sums up my thoughts. In fairness to Slade, somehow we gave him the manager's job despite his average lower division record & Leyton Orient wanting to ditch him so you cannot blame him for taking it. What I struggled with was the tedious football & his inability to take any responsibility when things went wrong during his time with us.

I also don't take pleasure in any of his subsequent failings & hope that he enjoys success in whatever he does next although finding another job maybe a challenge for him. As Gringo says though he seemed to blag it with us so may be able to talk his way into another job, although I suspect that it will be at League 2 level or lower.

These days, Teams / Players / Clubs / Fans want Managers who have a feel of winner about them.
    I suspect that is true at all league levels.

RS has not got that vibe, and certainly not right now.

He was a very 'dull' Manager at City, but despite that - and his subsequent floundering's in lower leagues - he led a Championship team to 8th .

I suspect that - being a bit bland, a bit clichéd and never having played the game professionally himself doesn't get RS much reverence in the dressing room, nor from fans either when the chips are down.

Good luck to you Russell Slade.
    Last edited by Vimana.; 05-03-17 at 20:57.

Quote Originally Posted by Vimana. View Post
    In these times Teams / fans want Managers who have a feel of winner about them - at all levels.
    He's not got that vibe, and certainly not right now.

He was a very 'dull' Manager at City, but despite that - and his subsequent floundering's in lower leagues - he led a Championship team to 8th .

I suspect that - being a bit bland, a bit clichéd and never having played the game professionally himself doesn't get RS much reverence in the dressing room, nor from fans either when the chips are down.

Good luck to you Russell Slade.
    Plenty of work for Supply Teachers for him. Bet he was a shit teacher too.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWales View Post
    Plenty of work for Supply Teachers for him. Bet he was a shit teacher too.
    Bit late for that now! Back in the conference somewhere would be about right- ish.