+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: washing machine cleaning

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: washing machine cleaning

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    It was whitish marks left on clothing after washing. Washing powder residue at a guess and not the bearings going. Spent ages when we first had the washing machine checking it was level and making minor adjustments to prolong the life of the bearings. Done all the cleaning bit and just putting through a test wash.
    I had this, but it was more greyish in colour, tried Limescale remover ( Viakal ) in the drum, that must have cleaned it a little, as it then had LOADS of grey sludge come out on the dog towels, then i tried the Soda crystals and that worked

When the machine did die, i thought i would strip the thing apart and make a firepit for camping ( if you have camped, you will have seen them on any campsite ) well it was a right bugger to get the drum out of the plastic surround, bloody hell, in the end i used a disk cutter and cut the plastic drum, BUT you should have seen the lining of that plastic drum, solid with a grey coating ( i Guess limescale and dirt and soap powder, you could really see the issue with the " sludge " )

good luck

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    I had this, but it was more greyish in colour, tried Limescale remover ( Viakal ) in the drum, that must have cleaned it a little, as it then had LOADS of grey sludge come out on the dog towels, then i tried the Soda crystals and that worked

When the machine did die, i thought i would strip the thing apart and make a firepit for camping ( if you have camped, you will have seen them on any campsite ) well it was a right bugger to get the drum out of the plastic surround, bloody hell, in the end i used a disk cutter and cut the plastic drum, BUT you should have seen the lining of that plastic drum, solid with a grey coating ( i Guess limescale and dirt and soap powder, you could really see the issue with the " sludge " )

good luck
    I took my plastic tub to a local car wash and got them to use a pressure washer on it .. it was absolutely stinking black, and this is where your water sloshes around.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    I took my plastic tub to a local car wash and got them to use a pressure washer on it .. it was absolutely stinking black, and this is where your water sloshes around.
    i know, it was amazing, the bottom of the drum had maybe 5mm of that grey stuff attached, you could hammer it and it came of in lumps like concrete

A quid for baking powder down our Co-op and £1.50 for 375ml of caustic soda...and didn't use all of the latter by any means. Less than £2 to keep the washing machine in good condition.

caustic soda bit dangerous that.
    pull the soap dispencer tray out and clean also inside where the soap dispencer theres loads of little holes where the water comes out.
    clean the door seal with diluted bleach and run on a hot wash