+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: BoJo go byebyes

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: BoJo go byebyes

There are no winners now, it's just a fecking mess.

I have 4 major customers, 1 British, 1 Japanese, 1 German & 1 French. We employ 400+ people & double that in our supply chain. THe French company will not renew our contracts unless we relocate to Rumania, the German company (who we've supplied since 1998) have changed their contract wording to "must be made within the EU", so 60% of our business (& the associated jobs) disappear in March 2020. The British company's sales are down 45%.

Whichever way this now plays out, at least 50% of our workforce won't have the employment they have today.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post

I have 4 major customers, 1 British, 1 Japanese, 1 German & 1 French. We employ 400+ people & double that in our supply chain. THe French company will not renew our contracts unless we relocate to Rumania, the German company (who we've supplied since 1998) have changed their contract wording to "must be made within the EU", so 60% of our business (& the associated jobs) disappear in March 2020. The British company's sales are down 45%.

Whichever way this now plays out, at least 50% of our workforce won't have the employment they have today.
    You have my sympathies and I am sure this scenario is far from unique. I am working part-time on an EU contract as a sub-contractor to a Belgian firm because UK companies are already being excluded from tendering for EU work. Still I guess it's comforting that a few on this board will have the answers!

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Still I guess it's comforting that a few on this board will have the answers!
    There is no way the EU's current plans can succeed without the support of the US, Japan, etc.. Trump was very quick to take the major partners of the US in a new direction. I'm afraid it's already game over for the EU, and the PM is absolutely wasting her time trying to turn back the clock. I'm looking forward to Friday's press conference!

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    There is no way the EU's current plans can succeed without the support of the US, Japan, etc.. Trump was very quick to take the major partners of the US in a new direction. I'm afraid it's already game over for the EU, and the PM is absolutely wasting her time trying to turn back the clock. I'm looking forward to Friday's press conference!
    If you wanted a recruitment and retention policy for the benefits of EU membership you could look no further than the chaos that current and prospective member states are witnessing from this shambolic approach to departure.

If you wanted a recruitment and retention policy for the benefits of EU membership you could look no further than the chaos that current and prospective member states are witnessing from this shambolic approach to departure.
    It's shambolic because they don't want us to leave, and those in charge of Brexit don't want to leave!

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    It's shambolic because they don't want us to leave, and those in charge of Brexit don't want to leave!
    Project Fantasy triumphed over Project Fear. It appears none of the protagonists have the stomach for Project Reality.

Project Fantasy triumphed over Project Fear. It appears none of the protagonists have the stomach for Project Reality.
    Very well put if I may say

How can it be project fantasy when the world has already moved 180° in the opposite direction?

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post

Couldn't sympathise more, I'm in the same boat though on a much smaller scale.

I'm certain that this will be going on all over the country