+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Craig Bellamy

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Craig Bellamy

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    I think its no real secret that Bellamy is going to be Warnocks successor. My concern however is what sort of squad Warnock is going to leave Bellamy.

Whilst there is a place for a journeymen like Halford, as he covers a number of positions, and Sol because hes still a bloody good player, I just hope Warnock doesnt load the squad with 30 somethings.

Certainly from listening to Bellamy talk previously his football ideals somehwat differs to Warnocks.

Its a problem Trollope had trying to make silk purse out of a sows ear with Slades squad, and I fear Bellamy might suffer in the same way.

The fact that Jamie Mackie and Clint Hill are free agents does worry me slightly. Im just glad Sean Derry has retired.
    Hill is 38 and Mackie is signing a new deal at QPR, apparently. I think we will have a half decent squad come September. We need squad depth, especially out across the midfield and up front but it isn't a bad side. I don't think we need any journeymen etc, we've got a few of them as it is, although he'll certainly bring in some trusted disciples.

Re: Craig Bellamy

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Hill is 38 and Mackie is signing a new deal at QPR, apparently. I think we will have a half decent squad come September. We need squad depth, especially out across the midfield and up front but it isn't a bad side. I don't think we need any journeymen etc, we've got a few of them as it is, although he'll certainly bring in some trusted disciples.
    Yes I read earlier they are in talks, and sounds like both parties want it to happen, but should those talks break down I think he is definitely someone who would interest Warnock.