Thread: We miss Joe Ralls badly

We miss Joe Ralls badly

and Jazz

Re: We miss Joe Ralls badly

Quote Originally Posted by dandywarhol View Post
    and Jazz
    Which says an awful lot about the quality and ability of our current team

Ralls is a very good player , can't comment on Jazz , as he is never around for judgement .

Don't rate Ralls at all, and never have. Average at best.

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    Been our best player this season

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    :-0

Not a Ronaldo but easily our best and most consistent player.

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    Which says an awful lot about the quality and ability of our current team
    Or that Ralls is a really good player at this level?

Ralls has been our best player this season. We are missing him.

Ralls is a good player at this level. Struggled a bit in the premier league but was one of our best and most consistent performers in the promotion season also.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Ralls is too one-paced. If he had a burst of speed about him he'd be very good at this level. As it is, I think he'd struggle to break into a lot of the top teams' midfields in this division. His passing needs to improve too. He has arguably been our best player so far this season, but in fairness, there's a lot of mediocrity in the team.

Ralls is very good at this level and, although he didn't find it as easy to deal with as I thought he would, didn't do as badly as many say he did in the Premier League - he always should be one of the first names on the team sheet at this level.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Ralls is too one-paced. If he had a burst of speed about him he'd be very good at this level. As it is, I think he'd struggle to break into a lot of the top teams' midfields in this division. His passing needs to improve too. He has arguably been our best player so far this season, but in fairness, there's a lot of mediocrity in the team.
    Agreed.

Sadly pace isn’t something that Warnock values. I’m not just talking about going forward but also at the back... we are such a slow team... and it looks like players who have a little pace are playing with lead weights in their boots

He's got a great engine, breaks up play and links up well. He's got his flaws but he's at this level for a reason. I don't understand the Joe Ralls hate. Every season Joe Ralls gets injured, everything goes tits up.

He's got a great engine, breaks up play and links up well. He's got his flaws but he's at this level for a reason. I don't understand the Joe Ralls hate. Every season Joe Ralls gets injured, everything goes tits up.
    Where are you getting the "hate" thingy from? Hate is too strong a word, I'm trying to be objective.

Where are you getting the "hate" thingy from? Hate is too strong a word, I'm trying to be objective.
    He gets an incredible amount of stick, especially considering he's greatly missed whenever he's absent. There were posts recently saying "we'll never get promoted with Ralls in CM", despite the fact he was our best CM when we got up last time. It's not directed at yourself but it's odd.

But I very much doubt he would be an automatic starter in any of the top 6 sides.

Never really thought that pace was key for a central midfielder.

Pace is normally more associated with wingers, full backs and strikers.

Most top midfielders that come to mind for me are rated for their work rate, passing and tackling.

He gets an incredible amount of stick, especially considering he's greatly missed whenever he's absent. There were posts recently saying "we'll never get promoted with Ralls in CM", despite the fact he was our best CM when we got up last time. It's not directed at yourself but it's odd.
    Very odd.

His record in our promotion season was superb.

He’s started this season well again and often has to play with injuries as he is so important to the team.

Even last season he had to play through the pain and struggled.

When he got fit and came back he did pretty well.

He’s an all rounder, so never likely to be everyone’s cup of tea, but there aren’t many like him around and every team ( at our level) needs one.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Never really thought that pace was key for a central midfielder.

Pace is normally more associated with wingers, full backs and strikers.

Most top midfielders that come to mind for me are rated for their work rate, passing and tackling.
    Given that midfielders such as Ralls are often needed to cover the back line then quickly turn defence into attack, then I’d have thought that pace would be important for them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    But I very much doubt he would be an automatic starter in any of the top 6 sides.
    He was a starter in the team that finished second with 90 points 2 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    He was a starter in the team that finished second with 90 points 2 years ago.
    Whatever happened to them?

Without Ralls we look like we arent playing with a midfield .
    QPR and West Brom strolled through our midfield .
    Hopefully Ralls is the solution to that problem or we are in trouble.

Ralls is a top level championship midfield player, is underrated by some of our support yet is always missed when not in side and would get into the majority of the top teams in this league

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Without Ralls we look like we arent playing with a midfield .
    QPR and West Brom strolled through our midfield .
    Hopefully Ralls is the solution to that problem or we are in trouble.
    Yep. Noticeable that Bacuna hasn't played as well without Ralls alongside him.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Ralls is very good at this level and, although he didn't find it as easy to deal with as I thought he would, didn't do as badly as many say he did in the Premier League - he always should be one of the first names on the team sheet at this level.
    I wasn't a great fan of Ralls in our promotion season. I thought he was the least able of our centre midfield players, but that squad included Bryson, Grujic, Damour, and of course Gunnarson. This season I reckon he's our stand-out player, which says a lot about our current options. I'm not jumping on the 'isn't Marlon Pack great' bandwagon just yet..