+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Three years ago today

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Three years ago today

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    What I particularly liked about that day is that Fulham and their arrogant fans were convinced that that was the day that they would overtake us in the table and our automatic promotion effort would be over. This performance and result basically shoved two fingers up to them and showed them that we weren't going to give it up. It basically demoralised them for the final game weekend, when they could only draw at lowly Birmingham.
    Is your comment really typical of most Fulham fans though? I used to post on one of their fans' websites and, like most fans of most clubs, they were very reasonable. Similarly, I don't identify with some fans of other clubs thinking that all Cardiff fans are roughnecks. I am of the mind that the majority of fans everywhere are just regular people.

Re: Three years ago today

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Is your comment really typical of most Fulham fans though? I used to post on one of their fans' websites and, like most fans of most clubs, they were very reasonable. Similarly, I don't identify with some fans of other clubs thinking that all Cardiff fans are roughnecks. I am of the mind that the majority of fans everywhere are just regular people.
    Most clubs fans are reasonable but at that time a large number of their posters dismissed us as no hopers from the start of the season and were convinced that we would fall away and that they would overtake us, right up to the last game. This was a trait shared quite closely with Aston Villa fans at the time.