+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Harris.....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Harris.....

What I think we should all be able to agree on is that there’s a malaise (no pun intended!) around the club, like it’s a sick puppy.
    The football has been dire all season and there’s nothing entertaining about watching the team.
    For me, I don’t think throwing money at the problem is going to fix things, as we’ve already seen how that’s turned out.
    I also believe that the club needs to set out its stall and communicate its strategy, rather than us rely on Harris’ press conferences. This needs to be backed up with action.
    I think the club is missing a trick in that its fan engagement is still not fit for purpose. They could start with getting more involvement in the Youth teams and the Women’s team and need to bring back the fan forums, with manager & player Q&As. It also feels like the board are silent, even though they may be working hard.
    Being a fan means caring about the club, which doesn’t have to mean that you attend matches.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    What I think we should all be able to agree on is that there’s a malaise (no pun intended!) around the club, like it’s a sick puppy.
    The football has been dire all season and there’s nothing entertaining about watching the team.
    For me, I don’t think throwing money at the problem is going to fix things, as we’ve already seen how that’s turned out.
    I also believe that the club needs to set out its stall and communicate its strategy, rather than us rely on Harris’ press conferences. This needs to be backed up with action.
    I think the club is missing a trick in that its fan engagement is still not fit for purpose. They could start with getting more involvement in the Youth teams and the Women’s team and need to bring back the fan forums, with manager & player Q&As. It also feels like the board are silent, even though they may be working hard.
    Being a fan means caring about the club, which doesn’t have to mean that you attend matches.
    Malaise is spot on. It's uninspiring & unambitious. We went through decades of uninspiring because that was our place in football. The last 15 years have lifted the expectation and taken to the brink of being a side who could match a Burnley, Brighton or even Leicester but City seem content not to reach for it and as someone else wrote, be bang average. Season ticket sales will be the barometer of progress and a 25% reduction is easily on the cards as City bore their fans into submission!

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Malaise is spot on. It's uninspiring & unambitious. We went through decades of uninspiring because that was our place in football. The last 15 years have lifted the expectation and taken to the brink of being a side who could match a Burnley, Brighton or even Leicester but City seem content not to reach for it and as someone else wrote, be bang average. Season ticket sales will be the barometer of progress and a 25% reduction is easily on the cards as City bore their fans into submission!
    We have failed to paint it black.