+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Cautious optimism?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Cautious optimism?

Quote Originally Posted by THE DON View Post
    Amazing weekend of football. City back to winning ways and a gift from the football gods to give Brentford an equaliser!

Gives us a massive opportunity and an advantage but in all this positive hysteria is anyone else not getting too carried away? I’m boosted by the weekend but to think that Fulham are suddenly going to implode I think is hopeful at best. Millwall away is going to be really tough for them and out if their remaining games the one which I thought they could lose points but they could just as easy nick a win. Fulham have two or three top top players and let’s not forget they are still unbeaten since December.

Not trying to be a killjoy but let’s not get carried away just yet. Forest on paper looks a very easy for us at home but come on guys how many times have we slipped up against so called easy teams.

If Fulham do slip up against Millwall and we do our job against forest then and only then will I start thinking about getting the bunting out. Im cautiously optimistic but this bluebirds feet are firnky on the ground for now .
    This is my view too. If we are 4 or 5 points ahead at the end of this coming Saturday then I will start to really believe we might do it. However, my pessimistic long-term CCFC fan view is that we'll end up missing out on auto on the final day of the season at home to Reading, as this just seems to be the fate that awaits all CCFC supporters whenever we dare to hope...

I have to have that view as I can't cope with the disappointment otherwise...

Re: Cautious optimism?

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    This is my view too. If we are 4 or 5 points ahead at the end of this coming Saturday then I will start to really believe we might do it. However, my pessimistic long-term CCFC fan view is that we'll end up missing out on auto on the final day of the season at home to Reading, as this just seems to be the fate that awaits all CCFC supporters whenever we dare to hope...

I have to have that view as I can't cope with the disappointment otherwise...
    The reality of the situation is that yesterday was a big swing in our favour. There may be other twists to come, but right now at this very moment in time you wouldn't want to be Fulham.