+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The dutch general election. The biggest one so far for the right wing?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: The dutch general election. The biggest one so far for the right wing?

Interesting find. I expect it can be accounted, at least partly, by the phenomenon that smaller numbers will go up'more quickly' in percentage terms than bigger ones (again) but certainly interesting that Islam has risen while Hinduism falls.

Would be good to know how much is down to birth rate and how much to immigration for foreign workers.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Interesting find. I expect it can be accounted, at least partly, by the phenomenon that smaller numbers will go up'more quickly' in percentage terms than bigger ones (again) but certainly interesting that Islam has risen while Hinduism falls.

Would be good to know how much is down to birth rate and how much to immigration for foreign workers.
    Here is another table showing the actual numbers of Muslims at each census in India:

IMG_0225.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post

I think it is more down to Socioeconomic factors. The Muslim population in india is far poorer than the Hindu Christian population and this is always linked with a higher birth rate. Areas in india with a poor non Muslim population show just as highbirth rate.
    If Muslim areas become more wealthy then their birthrate will drop.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I think it is more down to Socioeconomic factors. The Muslim population in india is far poorer than the Hindu Christian population and this is always linked with a higher birth rate. Areas in india with a poor non Muslim population show just as highbirth rate.

Given that Muslims in the UK are generally much poorer than other groups then their higher birthrate looks likely to continue, unless there is a big improvement in their economic fortunes.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Yep, the living costs in Muslim nations are no where near as high as Western Europe.

Many poor people in Asia choose to take a chance on more children in the hope they can provide for each other.

I am sure Muslims thinking it is a sin to use contraception is a factor but how cheap it is to raise a child is bigger.

And Europeans are more enlightened, not thinking it is your duty in life to have 10 kids.