+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Josh Murphy.....................

Josh Murphy.....................

has destroyed the occasional Premier League full back at Cardiff City Stadium and has done pretty well overall in the home games he has played I'd say, but has he had even one away game where he has made a worthwhile contribution?

I can't think of one off the top of my head and have been surprised at Neil Warnock's decision to start with him in recent away games.

Re: Josh Murphy.....................

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    has destroyed the occasional Premier League full back at Cardiff City Stadium and has done pretty well overall in the home games he has played I'd say, but has he had even one away game where he has made a worthwhile contribution?

I can't think of one off the top of my head and have been surprised at Neil Warnock's decision to start with him in recent away games.
    I don’t know how he wasn’t substituted ,and thought he actually had been for Mendez Laing until he blasted a wayward cross ,
    Didn’t realise he was just changing sides
    Very ineffective yesterday needed to be subbed

Also bob can you explain to me how burnley first goal want offside as Barnes( I think )was directly in front of Etheridge in an offside position

I’ve been disappointed by Murphy this season. Expected more

Just seen my first bit of action from the match - Josh Murphy is beaten way too easily in the build up to it as Lee Peltier concedes a free kick and then, from the resultant corner, our defending is of a standard that a parks side would be ashamed of. I'm sorry, but I don't see anything to criticise the officials for in that goal. Barnes is stood offside, but he didn't prevent Etheridge from saving Wood's header - our defending is so bad that Wood couldn't miss once he got his head on the ball because he was so close in that Etherdidge didn't have a chance of saving it with or without any alleged interference from Barnes.

Quote Originally Posted by EastbourneBlue View Post
    I’ve been disappointed by Murphy this season. Expected more
    I agree. Now I see why Norwich fans were pleased with 10m. He is frustrating to watch as he is so inconsistent.

NML has often offered more that Murphy both in defence and attach.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    I agree. Now I see why Norwich fans were pleased with 10m. He is frustrating to watch as he is so inconsistent.

Murphy at his frustrating worst yesterday. But so was hoilett. They both let ken down who worked hard looked good and was clearly our best bet. Taking him off with 10 to go was a very poor decision imho. Him with nml and bobby could have made something work.

Just seen my first bit of action from the match - Josh Murphy is beaten way too easily in the build up to it as Lee Peltier concedes a free kick and then, from the resultant corner, our defending is of a standard that a parks side would be ashamed of. I'm sorry, but I don't see anything to criticise the officials for in that goal. Barnes is stood offside, but he didn't prevent Etheridge from saving Wood's header - our defending is so bad that Wood couldn't miss once he got his head on the ball because he was so close in that Etherdidge didn't have a chance of saving it with or without any alleged interference from Barnes.
    Ive watched that goal about 7 times and I’m still no clearer who was meant to be picking up Wood. It’s not like he’s lost his man. He’s in acres. Camarasa runs out to him too late but I cannot for 1 second believe he was meant to be marking Wood. Wood is twice the size of him.

It’s all very well blaming inept officials but the defending for that goal was as bad as any decisions we didn’t get 2nd half.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post

I think NML is completely out of his depth at this level. I can't remember him playing well since the first half of our home match against Southampton.

Murphy is inconsistent, but at least he has upside.

Probably because Paterson is injured.

A mate of mine is a Norwich ST holder, when we signed him he said "When he wants to be good, he can be a real asset, but unfortunately his application of being good is not consistent enough"

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Ive watched that goal about 7 times and I’m still no clearer who was meant to be picking up Wood. It’s not like he’s lost his man. He’s in acres. Camarasa runs out to him too late but I cannot for 1 second believe he was meant to be marking Wood. Wood is twice the size of him.

It’s all very well blaming inept officials but the defending for that goal was as bad as any decisions we didn’t get 2nd half.
    I assume it must have been Morrison or, maybe, we were marking zonally?

I assume it must have been Morrison or, maybe, we were marking zonally?
    'Zonally' has done pretty well against us this season.

Zonally. Believe it or not camarasa was marking wood - badly. Morrison, ken and Bruno were marking space.

Murphy has the talent ,but cannot consistently deliver that product.

I'd have left Ken on and out the Everton out wide or Visa versa .

Regarding the marking from dead ball situations, it was pretty shambolic all afternoon from what I've seen, but Lawnmower makes a fair point when he says that we've not got the height and power in the air that we did last season because of injuries - Brighton have a good scoring record from free kicks and corners and we'll need to do better on Tuesday.