+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tottenham vs Barcelona

Re: Tottenham vs Barcelona

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Shocking defending, or is it that a side that’s so much better than you just wear you down & players who you regard as decent defenders are mentally f*cked in the latter stages?
    The latter most definitely.
    No goals from Suarez but he was tremendous, those runs and dummies allow for the little man to do his stuff.
    Also his workrate, those Spurs defenders will be knackered for Saturday... great for us

Messi masterclass.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Who calls their kid Lionel? Not a bad player mind is he?
    Fans of rich tea

And to think Ronaldo had to spend his evening watching young boys. Bale's evening was even worse.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    Goal aside Coutinho has been poor.
    He hasn't impressed me at all since he's joined the odd flash here and there but anonymous mostly I actually prefer dembele tbh, Barca have been really poor in the transfer market the last 3 maybe 4 seasons

I think Barca are showing us the blueprint how to play Spurs on Saturday!
    I think we will thrash them on the evidence of tonight ,our season beings Saturday ,followed by a win v Fulham ,topped by a win at plastic fan scumsville

I would play either Murphy or Reid to run down the middle at their defence which looks very shaky.

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    He hasn't impressed me at all since he's joined the odd flash here and there but anonymous mostly I actually prefer dembele tbh, Barca have been really poor in the transfer market the last 3 maybe 4 seasons
    In was an impossible job to replace their midfield. When they left, so did the Champions League trophies.

Messi supreme. Any chance of lending him to us for a few games?

Who said he couldn't , no one doubts he's a great , strange he doesn't deliver on the international stage , and it would be nice to see him in another league , playing week in and out competitively dealing with the rigours of the Premiership .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Who said he couldn't , no one doubts he's a great , strange he doesn't deliver on the international stage , and it would be nice to see him in another league , playing week in and out competitively dealing with the rigours of the Premiership .
    they play 38 games..same as the Premier..and he plays most games..doesn't want 'a rest'

65 goals in 128 games isn’t too shabby on the international stage.

Chris Wood can get double figures in the premier league. I think messi would do ok.

Spurs fan in work was telling me last week he had doubts Messi would be as good in the Premier league. This morning he changed his mind.

Not sure where people get these ideas from. Like the old could he do it on a wet cold Tuesday night in Stoke? Eh ye but he'd prefer Barcelona.

How good is Sergio Busquets as well. Makes Eric Dier look like Gavin Rae
    Does anyone genuinely think he's not the best player in the world!
    I hate Busquets' theatrics but he's so good. He hardly ever gives the ball away.

Messi last night was on another level, wonder if Barca will let him stay at Wembley for a few days

Quote Originally Posted by kendoddsdadsdogsdead View Post
    they play 38 games..same as the Premier..and he plays most games..doesn't want 'a rest'

Exactly. Add to that a gruelling copa del rey cup which is two legs til the final and for some bizarre reason Valverde opted to play Messi throughout.

Why he didn't perform in the world cup was down to a number of reasons I believe.

Firstly Valverde made him play in almost every game last season because not only did they want the double but they were also having an invincible season until the last but one game when Valverde decided to rest Messi altogether and they lost!

Secondly I think the pressure of the Maradona factor weighed heavy on him.

Thirdly Argentina were once again mismanaged to the point where it was almost criminal.
    When you see teams like Denmark and even Iran realising that if you set up compact and be hard to beat then you have a chance, and Sampaoli with the best player in the world in his team failing to understand this it beggars belief.

Finally when are people gonna stop buying the Richard Scudamore and sky tv pedalled myth that the premier league is the best.

Barcelona have lost to Leganes, and drawn at home to Bilbao amd Girona already this season yet they still sit above the both Madrid clubs so that should tell you how competitive the league is!

Exactly. Add to that a gruelling copa del rey cup which is two legs til the final and for some bizarre reason Valverde opted to play Messi throughout.

Why he didn't perform in the world cup was down to a number of reasons I believe.

Firstly Valverde made him play in almost every game last season because not only did they want the double but they were also having an invincible season until the last but one game when Valverde decided to rest Messi altogether and they lost!

Secondly I think the pressure of the Maradona factor weighed heavy on him.

Thirdly Argentina were once again mismanaged to the point where it was almost criminal.
    When you see teams like Denmark and even Iran realising that if you set up compact and be hard to beat then you have a chance, and Sampaoli with the best player in the world in his team failing to understand this it beggars belief.

Finally when are people gonna stop buying the Richard Scudamore and sky tv pedalled myth that the premier league is the best.

Barcelona have lost to Leganes, and drawn at home to Bilbao amd Girona already this season yet they still sit above the both Madrid clubs so that should tell you how competitive the league is!
    Amazing valverde has gone from playing the same team last season to changing everyone every game