+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Her Majesty the Queen's Christmas Message

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Her Majesty the Queen's Christmas Message

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    So which specific EU laws and rules are you looking forward to us changing then? Must be an absolute ton of them if you're happy to go out with the insecurity of no deal
    You are missing the point. I want the UK to be in a position where we are are solely accountable for all our choices, laws and rules. The very fact that you are bandying about terms like “insecurity of a no deal” just shows how much of a strangle hold the EU have on us and others in a short space of time.
    The guy at the end of my street is a nice guy, and I get on with him, but I wouldn’t want him having the power to tell me what to do in my own house.
    You seem too ready to take the piss out of “ terms like “standing on our own 2 feet” or “ take back control”, but that’s what the majority voted for.
    As I said earlier in the thread, we entered the common market in the 70’s ( without a vote) to form a trading partnership with other European countries. All of a sudden the EU has got a choke hold on us, and it will Only get tighter.
    It’s fast becoming a power state, with shady characters gaining top positions randomly, along with massive wages and pensions.
    As you’ve already said, this present government stinks, and I agree. But it’s a lot easier for us (the people) to change things at home , than it is to change things in the EU.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    You are missing the point. I want the UK to be in a position where we are are solely accountable for all our choices, laws and rules. The very fact that you are bandying about terms like “insecurity of a no deal” just shows how much of a strangle hold the EU have on us and others in a short space of time.
    The guy at the end of my street is a nice guy, and I get on with him, but I wouldn’t want him having the power to tell me what to do in my own house.
    You seem too ready to take the piss out of “ terms like “standing on our own 2 feet” or “ take back control”, but that’s what the majority voted for.
    As I said earlier in the thread, we entered the common market in the 70’s ( without a vote) to form a trading partnership with other European countries. All of a sudden the EU has got a choke hold on us, and it will Only get tighter.
    It’s fast becoming a power state, with shady characters gaining top positions randomly, along with massive wages and pensions.
    As you’ve already said, this present government stinks, and I agree. But it’s a lot easier for us (the people) to change things at home , than it is to change things in the EU.
    Who’s going to want to trade with us? What have we to offer? The days where Britain was one of the leading powerhouses have gone imo

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Who’s going to want to trade with us? What have we to offer? The days where Britain was one of the leading powerhouses have gone imo
    Exactly, we're going to have to negotiate all these new trade deals from a position of weakness

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Exactly, we're going to have to negotiate all these new trade deals from a position of weakness
    What a load of rubbish. The UK is the 5th richest country in the world. We lead the field in many hi-tech industries. What on earth have we got to fear in going it alone.

The EU is a very protectionist Club. It will do us no favours when we leave, or worse in the transition period, when it will do its best to make it difficult for us to trade with the world under their rules.

Many countries envy our talents, democracy, and sovereignty.

For those who feel the referendum vote was not convincing enough, may I remind them that the 4% majority to leave was much greater than the 0.6% majority that went for the Wales Government, and everyone accepted that as a democratic result.

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    What a load of rubbish. The UK is the 5th richest country in the world. We lead the field in many hi-tech industries. What on earth have we got to fear in going it alone.

The EU is a very protectionist Club. It will do us no favours when we leave, or worse in the transition period, when it will do its best to make it difficult for us to trade with the world under their rules.

For those who feel the referendum vote was not convincing enough, may I remind them that the 4% majority to leave was much greater than the 0.6% majority that went for the Wales Government, and everyone accepted that as a democratic result.
    The key question to answer is whether the UK has the 5th strongest economy in the world because of or despite being a member of the world's largest trading bloc for over 40 years. I guess we will find out soon.

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post

And even better 2nd in debt