+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: We miss Joe Ralls badly

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: We miss Joe Ralls badly

Ralls is very good at this level and, although he didn't find it as easy to deal with as I thought he would, didn't do as badly as many say he did in the Premier League - he always should be one of the first names on the team sheet at this level.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Ralls is very good at this level and, although he didn't find it as easy to deal with as I thought he would, didn't do as badly as many say he did in the Premier League - he always should be one of the first names on the team sheet at this level.
    I wasn't a great fan of Ralls in our promotion season. I thought he was the least able of our centre midfield players, but that squad included Bryson, Grujic, Damour, and of course Gunnarson. This season I reckon he's our stand-out player, which says a lot about our current options. I'm not jumping on the 'isn't Marlon Pack great' bandwagon just yet..

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    I wasn't a great fan of Ralls in our promotion season. I thought he was the least able of our centre midfield players, but that squad included Bryson, Grujic, Damour, and of course Gunnarson. This season I reckon he's our stand-out player, which says a lot about our current options. I'm not jumping on the 'isn't Marlon Pack great' bandwagon just yet..
    Agree about Pack. It just goes to show how starved of a player who can put there foot on the ball we've been over the last few years or so. Same with 30 minute Tomlin-He really is finished at this level.

There is little doubt that our midfield needs attention but I would prefer to continue through this season and let a new manager take a look.

I thought in our promotion season he was our best CM. Obviously Grujic is more talented. I thought he was better than Gunner but can see someones point of view he was better. But Bryson and Damour better than Ralls. Come off it. No way.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    I thought in our promotion season he was our best CM. Obviously Grujic is more talented. I thought he was better than Gunner but can see someones point of view he was better. But Bryson and Damour better than Ralls. Come off it. No way.
    No, they weren't better than Ralls, but we had a much more creative midfeld in 17/18, even by Warnock's standards. We played much, much, more football because we had players who could, and Ralls was -for want of a better word - our enforcer. This season the quality immediately around him is in my opinion poor, and consequently he's stood out..