+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Donald Trump thread

Re: The Donald Trump thread

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    Is your post intended for @Acosta?, he don;t post on here i think, you can find him on twitter, do you drop the chinese/indian in-front of curry ? I don't eat either!!, I wonder if doctors are now frightened to put German in-front of measles, as you well know, a country has been put in-front of many things in history but all of a sudden outrage.
    Who is @Acosta?

The Chinese apparently said their epidemic began when American soldiers passed it on to them, so I know it is not all one way, but it seems to me that, at this of all times, the two most powerful countries in the modern world should put petty matters like that aside and co-operate - they can return to the oh yes you did, oh no you didn't stuff when this is all over and done with.

The genius of Brett Terhune
    (Note to Life On Mars it’s a spoof)

https://twitter.com/brentterhune/sta...926965248?s=21

Heisenberg

Welcome to today's episode of 'How can he say this and still be President?'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/51980731

President Trump, at his daily press briefing, claimed that chloroquine had been approved for use in treating the coronavirus by the US Food and Drugs Administration (FDA). That is the body in charge of licensing medicines in America.

"We're going to be able to make that drug available almost immediately. And that's where the FDA has been so great. They've gone through the approval process - it's been approved."

To be clear, chloroquine has been approved to treat malaria and arthritis. However, the FDA has made it clear this is not the case for treating people with the Covid-19 coronavirus.

"There are no FDA-approved therapeutics or drugs to treat, cure or prevent Covid-19."

However, the FDA does say that studies are under way to see if chloroquine can be effective in the treatment of Covid-19. It also says it has been directed by Mr Trump to set up a large clinical trial to investigate the drug.
    How f**king dangerous is that?!

Heisenberg

What a coward. Not even Boris 'Hides In The Fridge To Avoid Tough Questions' Johnson would be that callous.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post

What a coward. Not even Boris 'Hides In The Fridge To Avoid Tough Questions' Johnson would be that callous.
    Wooh! 200 pages. Haven't been in here for a while; are people still sticking up for the tangerine tart? That reporter gave him a pretty standard question - have you a calming message for the American people? "No, I don't do calming. I do antagonistic, divisive and egotistical. Haven't you been paying attention?"

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Swine Flu also originated in the US.
    I think the issue is with these modern type of respiratory virus they are killers and from China or Asia

SARS coronavirus (SARS-CoV) – virus identified in 2003. SARS-CoV is thought to be an animal virus from an as-yet-uncertain animal reservoir, perhaps bats, that spread to other animals (civet cats) and first infected humans in the Guangdong province of southern China in 2002.

Now this one .

A new disease can crop up anywhere. I don't blame Chinese people but I do blame China's leaders for their awful repression it practices , and poor health precautions around wild animal and the transfer of these virus to humans , in my view this virus its criminal negligence .

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    Is your post intended for @Acosta?, he don;t post on here i think, you can find him on twitter, do you drop the chinese/indian in-front of curry ? I don't eat either!!, I wonder if doctors are now frightened to put German in-front of measles, as you well know, a country has been put in-front of many things in history but all of a sudden outrage.
    German measles didn't actually originate from Germany.

Donald J. Trump
    @realDonaldTrump
    ·
    13h
    WE CANNOT LET THE CURE BE WORSE THAN THE PROBLEM ITSELF. AT THE END OF THE 15 DAY PERIOD, WE WILL MAKE A DECISION AS TO WHICH WAY WE WANT TO GO!

I interpret that as meaning economic collapse and social chaos could result in more deaths than what a virus might wreak.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Donald J. Trump
    @realDonaldTrump
    ·
    13h
    WE CANNOT LET THE CURE BE WORSE THAN THE PROBLEM ITSELF. AT THE END OF THE 15 DAY PERIOD, WE WILL MAKE A DECISION AS TO WHICH WAY WE WANT TO GO!

I interpret that as meaning economic collapse and social chaos could result in more deaths than what a virus might wreak.
    I interpret this as if the economic numbers go south then so do my chances of re-election so I would rather play fast and loose with people's lives if it increases my chances of staying in power.

Wonder what our friends who get angry at politicising the virus will think of this.

Wonder what our friends who get angry at politicising the virus will think of this.

He is barking lol

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    I interpret this as if the economic numbers go south then so do my chances of re-election so I would rather play fast and loose with people's lives if it increases my chances of staying in power.
    Spot on. The guy is simply displaying moments of insanity again (windmills that cause pollution comes to mind). I feel sorry for folk living in the USA if they really believe the pandemic will be over by Easter.

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    Spot on. The guy is simply displaying moments of insanity again (windmills that cause pollution comes to mind). I feel sorry for folk living in the USA if they really believe the pandemic will be over by Easter.
    Was it windmills cause cancer? And forest fires can be stopped with rakes. And looking at the sun with the naked eye during an eclipse is a good idea.

If he wasn't in charge of America during a global crisis, it would be funny.

In his press conference, he said that he wants the country back to normal by Easter because it would be beautiful. Each day, you have to further conclude that his motives are not what they should be for a president.

Was it windmills cause cancer? And forest fires can be stopped with rakes. And looking at the sun with the naked eye during an eclipse is a good idea.

In his press conference, he said that he wants the country back to normal by Easter because it would be beautiful. Each day, you have to further conclude that his motives are not what they should be for a president.
    I see the "markets" have responded to Mr. Trumps proposed fiscal stimulus package. This once again exposes the crazy herd mentality of the stock markets. Wait a few weeks and see what happens then when tens of thousands (possibly hundreds of thousands) of Americans start dying like flies because Mr Trump has said this will all be over by Easter, so carry on as you are chaps and ignore this social distancing/self isolation nonsense. He probably regards the latter as a plot to destroy the American economy (as is his argument against measures to reduce CO2). Frightening. Who would want to live in New York now?

Just did the maths - assume a fatality rate of just 1%. With a population of 327 million people that's 3.27 million potential deaths. Wow. Maybe that won't matter to Trump because the majority will be old timers who are no longer economically active?

Whatever the outcome you have to give Fauci credit for speaking truth to power. If Trump ploughs ahead with words like this in his ears then even he might have overstretched himself.

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcar...s-the-timeline

Just did the maths - assume a fatality rate of just 1%. With a population of 327 million people that's 3.27 million potential deaths. Wow. Maybe that won't matter to Trump because the majority will be old timers who are no longer economically active?
    How long did that take you?

Whatever the outcome you have to give Fauci credit for speaking truth to power. If Trump ploughs ahead with words like this in his ears then even he might have overstretched himself.

Typical politician speak, trying to spark the markets and investors , I guess if he said the markets will totally collapse at Easter the run on the dollar would be huge .

Globally 500k deaths out of 7.8 billion people .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Typical politician speak, trying to spark the markets and investors , I guess if he said the markets will totally collapse at Easter the run on the dollar would be huge .
    I truly believe that if Trump, or any other President in history, said the markets will totally collapse by Easter, that there will be a massive impact on stocks. Not sure about the diving dollar as lots of your mates think devaluation is the way out of this. What currency are they all running to?

I bow to your wise proclamations as always.

Trump was given a pandemic handover when he took over the job. He wasn't much interested and most of his team from then is long gone. So that should leave him the simple job of just listening to the experts and doing what they say, and yet he's doing his best to undermine them.

Have to wonder what his motivation is, as public safety doesn't seem to be it.

I truly believe that if Trump, or any other President in history, said the markets will totally collapse by Easter, that there will be a massive impact on stocks. Not sure about the diving dollar as lots of your mates think devaluation is the way out of this. What currency are they all running to?

I bow to your wise proclamations as always.
    Thanks.

https://theweek.com/articles/904958/...al-surging-why

Interesting article and IMO quite an accurate one.

https://theweek.com/articles/904958/...al-surging-why

Interesting article and IMO quite an accurate one.
    That was well worth a read.

The analysis seems to be right - if very depressing - but I hope the 'solution' isn't the only option left.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    That was well worth a read.

The analysis seems to be right - if very depressing - but I hope the 'solution' isn't the only option left.
    Idealism is all fine and dandy until reality rears it's ugly head.