Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
Good reply, and I plead guilty to all of the above! There's nothing like a bit of rough and tumble if it's taken in the right spirit, and I'm prepared to take as much as I give. Basically what it all boils down to is confirmation bias, and a skilled media knows how to prey on these biases. For that reason I try to consult source documents, as opposed to comments by unnamed sources. Using this methodology, I was able to make my calls early on, and nothing I have seen since has made me change my mind. I try to leave ideology out of it, and just look at the facts. What drew me to the Trump story was the House of Cards type of plotline, Trump is no good he must go, etc.. In way, it's similar to the Corbyn smears. So yeah, I'm still on the fence, defender of the innocent, not so enamoured with the guilty
And that's a good, and generous, reply back - I've always said that it wouldn't surprise me if the Clintons were as dodgy as they are portrayed by some and I get the Trump/Corbyn comparison to a degree, but Trump as an innocent fighting for the common man/woman against the forces of evil? That's stretching things too far!