Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
There is some amazing stuff in this and most other threads I've read concerning Zohore this summer.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this 23 year-old has so far had less than half a decent season at Championship level. I saw him in February against Fulham and he was excellent against what was a very generous defence, but I'd also watched him a month earlier against Burton and he was absolutely dreadful. He had an eleven-game, two-month purple patch, during which he netted an impressive total of ten goals, but he then scored just one in the last six matches of the 2016/17 campaign.

Does anybody seriously believe clubs would pay out sums like £10 million, £15 million or even £20 million for a player with such a record? It appears so, but to me that looks like wishful thinking to put it mildly.

Interesting that you have focussed on the last 6 games which ignore Zohore's 3 goal contribution in the previous 4 games. If you look at the last 10 league games plus the Euro U21 championships, Zohore bagged 5 goals & 3 assists for us & 2 goals & 1 assist in his only start for Denmark. In my mind this paints a more accurate picture of Zohore's overall contribution at the back end of the season.

We also need to bear in mind that last season he was being asked to play a very difficult role for us, often alone up front without a great deal of support. Warnock has clearly identified this as an issue & his transfer dealings in the Summer have included a strategy to fix this, particularly with the signings of Tomlin & Ward.

There are players who went for big money last season with limited championship experience & success e.g. Scott Hogan was sold for a reported £15m after 21 championship goals in 1.5 seasons & the market has moved upwards since then.

At the end of the day Zohore is worth what another club is willing to pay & for once we seem to be holding a lot of the cards as Warnock does not have to sell & Zohore is under contract & seemingly happy here. On that basis if someone wants to buy him then they are going to have to pay a lot of money for him, which appears to be well in excess of £10m. Personally I hope that he stays as I think that he could have an even better season for us & if so his value will only increase further.