+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The under 45's - making a big sacrifice, and likely suffer most in the long term..

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: The under 45's - making a big sacrifice, and likely suffer most in the long term..

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    To be honest, the vast majority of the people I've seen either disregarding the two-metre social distancing guidelines or flouting the lockdown rules in recent weeks have been in the 50 and over age bracket. I've been genuinely surprised by how compliant the younger generation seem to have been.
    I have found the opposite where I live, the younger crowd are too busy on their phones to look where they are walking and young couples to busy talking to each other oblivious to how difficult it is to keep 2 meters away especially when holding hands and in some places making it impossible to keep the 2 meter rule without me venturing way out in the road, covid19 might not kill me but getting knocked down by a car might, and as for the younger crowd on bikes they are downright dangerous going as fast as they possible can missing you by inches and if they dont put you at risk for vovid19, there is a big chance that they could knock you down. The only cyclists that do their best to keep out of the way believe it or not are the young kids, and they always say thank you if you move out of the way. Also just to say I am social distancing getting my hour of exercise daily

Re: The under 45's - making a big sacrifice, and likely suffer most in the long term..

Quote Originally Posted by Igovernor View Post
    I have found the opposite where I live, the younger crowd are too busy on their phones to look where they are walking and young couples to busy talking to each other oblivious to how difficult it is to keep 2 meters away especially when holding hands and in some places making it impossible to keep the 2 meter rule without me venturing way out in the road, covid19 might not kill me but getting knocked down by a car might, and as for the younger crowd on bikes they are downright dangerous going as fast as they possible can missing you by inches and if they dont put you at risk for vovid19, there is a big chance that they could knock you down. The only cyclists that do their best to keep out of the way believe it or not are the young kids, and they always say thank you if you move out of the way. Also just to say I am social distancing getting my hour of exercise daily
    I drove through Whitchurch village earlier today, on my way to The Hollybush estate for work. There were a fair amount of 50 plus enjoying the sun and having a coffee from a local bakery that's opened up there. People standing around chatting like **** all has happened. I can't say that i've seen youngsters doing the same. Could you imagine if that had been teenagers? The old ***** of North Cardiff would be on the phone to the Police and the Echo would be there in a flash to take photos. Maybe the younger generation are meeting up but have a little more awareness about them and are acting a little more clandestine than their elderly and seemingly entitled counterparts.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I drove through Whitchurch village earlier today, on my way to The Hollybush estate for work. There were a fair amount of 50 plus enjoying the sun and having a coffee from a local bakery that's opened up there. People standing around chatting like **** all has happened. I can't say that i've seen youngsters doing the same. Could you imagine if that had been teenagers? The old ***** of North Cardiff would be on the phone to the Police and the Echo would be there in a flash to take photos. Maybe the younger generation are meeting up but have a little more awareness about them and are acting a little more clandestine than their elderly and seemingly entitled counterparts.
    I think the older you are the more you depend on outside contact. Younger people, generally, seem to take things in their stride

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    I think the older you are the more you depend on outside contact. Younger people, generally, seem to take things in their stride
    I wonder how much of that is down the the fact that a lot of social interactions for teenagers and people in their young 20s is done online?

If your main activities are playing computer games at home, then it wouldn't surprise me if some of the younger generations are just doing the things they always do, thereby neither increasing nor decreasing their social activities.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    I wonder how much of that is down the the fact that a lot of social interactions for teenagers and people in their young 20s is done online?

If your main activities are playing computer games at home, then it wouldn't surprise me if some of the younger generations are just doing the things they always do, thereby neither increasing nor decreasing their social activities.
    Maybe for schoolkids, but that isn't true of people who are 18+, Wetherspoons wouldn't survive without people in their 20s. Usually every Friday/Saturday every city centre in the country is full of people who are 18-35

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Maybe for schoolkids, but that certainly isn't true of people who are 18+, Wetherspoons wouldn't survive without people in their 20s
    Really? Maybe the spoons in town, but not the one by me (Aneurin Bevan) and the one down City road-They are full of discernible middle aged piss heads.

Really? Maybe the spoons in town, but not the one by me (Aneurin Bevan) and the one down City road-They are full of discernible middle aged piss heads.
    The ones in Nottingham are full of students, Ivor Davies and Gatekeeper full of the younger crowd particularly on weekends

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Maybe for schoolkids, but that isn't true of people who are 18+, Wetherspoons wouldn't survive without people in their 20s. Usually every Friday/Saturday every city centre in the country is full of people who are 18-35
    Really? The Central Bar’s age group is older than the 18-35 bracket, in my experience the younger element seem to swerve Wetherspoons.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Really? The Central Bar’s age group is older than the 18-35 bracket, in my experience the younger element seem to swerve Wetherspoons.
    I dunno I've seen the opposite, its cheap and young people don't have money

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    That's a fair point i suppose. The younger generation don't go outside as much as we used to, i sometimes take my dog for a walk along the rhymney river and i don't see any kids, just the odd middle aged bloke walking his dog. When i was a kid the river was our playground. They've got the internet and all that goes with it, plus a couple of generations of over protective parents who seem to think that kids need their play to be organised and in a 'safe' environment, apart from more traffic on the road i'd say that it's never been safer for youngsters, especially in the more middle class areas.

The older generation seem to have more of a routine and seeing their friends face to face is more prevalent within that generation, I do understand that although they are taking a risk at the moment and it probably will hinder the progress made in coming out of this situation.

I do find it difficult to get angry at people who flout the rules a bit, especially when someone has been doing a certain thing for 50 years or more. I'm quite lucky in respect that i don't visit pubs, rarely use restaurants, shops to me are the work of the devil and being in large groups of people (apart from the city) is something that i've never enjoyed. The only thing i miss is driving to the coast with my dog, going on long walks in the countryside and sport, oh yeah, and seeing my mum Apart from that it's a pretty normal existence for me.

That's a fair point i suppose. The younger generation don't go outside as much as we used to, i sometimes take my dog for a walk along the rhymney river and i don't see any kids, just the odd middle aged bloke walking his dog. When i was a kid the river was our playground. They've got the internet and all that goes with it, plus a couple of generations of over protective parents who seem to think that kids need their play to be organised and in a 'safe' environment, apart from more traffic on the road i'd say that it's never been safer for youngsters, especially in the more middle class areas.

The older generation seem to have more of a routine and seeing their friends face to face is more prevalent within that generation, I do understand that although they are taking a risk at the moment and it probably will hinder the progress made in coming out of this situation.

I do find it difficult to get angry at people who flout the rules a bit, especially when someone has been doing a certain thing for 50 years or more. I'm quite lucky in respect that i don't visit pubs, rarely use restaurants, shops to me are the work of the devil and being in large groups of people (apart from the city) is something that i've never enjoyed. The only thing i miss is driving to the coast with my dog, going on long walks in the countryside and sport, oh yeah, and seeing my mum Apart from that it's a pretty normal existence for me.

I've been for a walk along the Rhymney River..... Did you mean middle aged man walking his dog or wanking off his dog?

I've only ever seen one of the above.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    I've been for a walk along the Rhymney River..... Did you mean middle aged man walking his dog or wanking off his dog?

I've only ever seen one of the above.
    Don't worry, i didn't see you...