+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Jacks having a little dig

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Banned

Re: Jacks having a little dig

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I don't suppose you remember when we did have Welsh owners.
    What's that got to do with you wanting us to have American owners?

Quote Originally Posted by Tandy View Post
    What's that got to do with you wanting us to have American owners?
    You can't work that out for yourself.

We've had Welsh owners in the past and they've been terrible. We currently have a Malaysian owner and he's a ****ing clown. I'd take Swansea's American owners in a heartbeat.

Swansea are the fourth Premier League club with American owners. The others being Arsenal, Liverpool and Man Utd. Not bad company I'm sure you'd agree.

We've had Welsh owners in the past and they've been terrible. We currently have a Malaysian owner and he's a ****ing clown. I'd take Swansea's American owners in a heartbeat.

Swansea are the fourth Premier League club with American owners. The others being Arsenal, Liverpool and Man Utd. Not bad company I'm sure you'd agree.
    Aston Villa had yank owners as well, maybe not so great after all.

Did you forget about randy??? Sold up now but hardly a success. The other 3 are hardly compatible to little Swansea town are they they are global brands. No one in the USA would have heard if Swansea city 10 years ago would they. Still, I'd probably rather them. Big season for them.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Did you forget about randy??? Sold up now but hardly a success. The other 3 are hardly compatible to little Swansea town are they they are global brands. No one in the USA would have heard if Swansea city 10 years ago would they. Still, I'd probably rather them. Big season for them.
    People have heard of Swansea now. However, unfortunately for them, I think their new owners are a bit late to the party. My point though, is that I would still rather have them than what we currently have and that I think they have every right to have a dig, as our owner turned us into a joke.

People have heard of Swansea now. However, unfortunately for them, I think their new owners are a bit late to the party. My point though, is that I would still rather have them than what we currently have and that I think they have every right to have a dig, as our owner turned us into a joke.
    Would you prefer local fans as owners or foreign businessmen? The Jacks have the former despite telling us they'd never being a wealthy mans plaything, they've since become a wealthy mans plaything.

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlue View Post
    Would you prefer local fans as owners or foreign businessmen? The Jacks have the former despite telling us they'd never being a wealthy mans plaything, they've since become a wealthy mans plaything.
    I would prefer local ownership. But having said that, I would prefer foreign ownership with business acumen and a clear vision over a fans' group that can't agree on anything.

I would prefer local ownership. But having said that, I would prefer foreign ownership with business acumen and a clear vision over a fans' group that can't agree on anything.
    I'm not sure why this "foreign owners" vs "local owners" is presented as the only choice. It's a little bit more complex than that, I would think.