+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Interview with former Swansea advisor

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Interview with former Swansea advisor

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Not sure about Fulham, possibly.

Most of the elite clubs are spending sizeable amounts on this kind of thing now. Liverpool and man city especially, and Barcelona. But you also need other people in positions of influence to buy into it.
    Arsenal went and bought up an entire company that were doing this a few years ago, but it was rumoured that Wenger wasn't at all interested in any of their recommendations.
    I only mentioned them because of what the Fulham fan says in this piece Micheal posted on here a few days ago;-

https://www.theguardian.com/football...e_iOSApp_Other

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I only mentioned them because of what the Fulham fan says in this piece Micheal posted on here a few days ago;-

https://www.theguardian.com/football...e_iOSApp_Other
    Id heard that the owner's son had been put in charge of recruitment.
    I think they've mostly signed decent players, but in completely the wrong areas, they failed to strengthen the things that needed strengthening, and they replaced the things that were working well.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Id heard that the owner's son had been put in charge of recruitment.
    I think they've mostly signed decent players, but in completely the wrong areas, they failed to strengthen the things that needed strengthening, and they replaced the things that were working well.
    Fulham are big on moneyball, they're just not very good at it. They've signed boat loads of players in the last few seasons and Mitro (who was singed by Jokanovic, and Jokanovic alone) is one of the few that's come off.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Fulham are big on moneyball, they're just not very good at it. They've signed boat loads of players in the last few seasons and Mitro (who was singed by Jokanovic, and Jokanovic alone) is one of the few that's come off.
    I doubt you'll find a system that just relies on analytics being successful anywhere in the world.
    It needs to be a blend of data and traditional scouting, and steered towards the type of players that the manager (or DoF) actually needs to make their overall strategy work. To try to impose it on a manager is doomed to fail.