+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bitcoin

Bitcoin

I bought 3 in November 2015 for £300 each.
    Today they are apparently worth £1,450 each.
    That's an average 325% annual return so far.
    Any other CCMB City fans got any?

Re: Bitcoin

I haven't any. Looked at it on loads of occasions but ended up scratching my head each time. I still think it's a BS scam as they're all traceable but it would be good to have some in the interests of diversification.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysAway2 View Post
    I bought 3 in November 2015 for £300 each.
    Today they are apparently worth £1,450 each.
    That's an average 325% annual return so far.
    Any other CCMB City fans got any?
    As a cryptocurrency investor myself, here's a tip for you. Download Jaxx (a multi currency wallet) and use their ShapeShifter feature to switch some of your Bitcoin (XBT) into Ethereum (ETH).

Ethereum is poised to be huge and imo is about to experience the kind of upswing that Bitcoin experienced in its early days, plus all the signs are pointing toward Bitcoin crashing around the $2000 mark which it should hit by the end of the week.

Obviously a Bitcoin crash is nothing to panic about, we've seen plenty of them before and it always recovers stronger than ever but a quick switch to Ethereum before the crash will see you holding onto the value you've built up so far and you then have the option to rebuy Bitcoin at it's lower price after the crash.

You can get 1 ETH for about $90 at the moment but that will all change very soon, the price has a looooong way to go yet.

https://www.ethnews.com/etherlive

ETH is a different kind of cryptocurrency because there is a whole ecosystem of apps and portals being built into it and there are a lot of banks and corporations looking into using it.

More info on ETH here: https://www.reddit.com/r/ethtrader/

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    As a cryptocurrency investor myself, here's a tip for you. Download Jaxx (a multi currency wallet) and use their ShapeShifter feature to switch some of your Bitcoin (XBT) into Ethereum (ETH).

Ethereum is poised to be huge and imo is about to experience the kind of upswing that Bitcoin experienced in its early days, plus all the signs are pointing toward Bitcoin crashing around the $2000 mark which it should hit by the end of the week.

Obviously a Bitcoin crash is nothing to panic about, we've seen plenty of them before and it always recovers stronger than ever but a quick switch to Ethereum before the crash will see you holding onto the value you've built up so far and you then have the option to rebuy Bitcoin at it's lower price after the crash.

You can get 1 ETH for about $90 at the moment but that will all change very soon, the price has a looooong way to go yet.

ETH is a different kind of cryptocurrency because there is a whole ecosystem of apps and portals being built into it and there are a lot of banks and corporations looking into using it.

Pretty funny but I prefer the ones you do with the silly words about djs and audio systems.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Pretty funny but I prefer the ones you do with the silly words about djs and audio systems.
    That's a joke about 3 people will get.

That's a joke about 3 people will get.
    Yeah I was gonna google for an example but realised I'd have nowhere to start.

BTC is king and always will be. whilst its good to have alternative crypto currency and diversify if you are purely into it for investment but i currently use BTC monthly and think that advise is pure speculation. The places i spend BTC very few accept alternatives.

Banks and corporation are only looking at the blockchain solution, i don't think they will ever adopt the currency.

All the recent noise about crash, trade bottlenecks, Chinese regulations etc... 2 months ago have been blown out the water by the price and continued adoption.

So little is known as it is so young, anything even what 'experts' say is 99% guess work. I'll stick with what i've got, but good look.

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    BTC is king and always will be. whilst its good to have alternative crypto currency and diversify if you are purely into it for investment but i currently use BTC monthly and think that advise is pure speculation. The places i spend BTC very few accept alternatives.

Banks and corporation are only looking at the blockchain solution, i don't think they will ever adopt the currency.

All the recent noise about crash, trade bottlenecks, Chinese regulations etc... 2 months ago have been blown out the water by the price and continued adoption.

So little is known as it is so young, anything even what 'experts' say is 99% guess work. I'll stick with what i've got, but good look.
    Well of course it's speculation! If I was able to 100% guarantee predictions then I'd be on a beach in Barbados by now. I'm just going by what I've read and seen in recent months.

Also, Bitcoin will crash, it has a bunch of times already but it always recovers and then goes on to beat its previous all-time-high. I'm not saying it's a bad investment, far from it, it's one of the best investments out there, but I'm saying that Ethereum is definitely worth a punt.

The difference with Ethereum is that it's not just a cryptocurrency, it's a whole network of apps as well AND it's the basis of an entirely new type of decentralised Internet, one that you don't need an ISP to connect with.

From what I've seen already Ethereum is going to be huge, bigger than Bitcoin.

Just been reading through the main info thread on that forum you linked to. Sounds very interesting!

Doing some more reading into it now. Have you bought any ETH yourself or just switching some bitcoins into ETH? Which is exchange do you use to buy if you don't mind me asking? Also, in that thread the guy mentions using a hard wallet as opposed to leaving them on the exchange, is that just a physical alernative to the Jaxx multi currency wallet you mention above?

Quote Originally Posted by jnc90 View Post
    Just been reading through the main info thread on that forum you linked to. Sounds very interesting!

Doing some more reading into it now. Have you bought any ETH yourself or just switching some bitcoins into ETH? Which is exchange do you use to buy if you don't mind me asking? Also, in that thread the guy mentions using a hard wallet as opposed to leaving them on the exchange, is that just a physical alernative to the Jaxx multi currency wallet you mention above?
    Up until a couple of days ago I had about £300 of BTC from where I've been buying £10 or £20 here and there over the past few months, I was using coinfloor.co.uk to buy.

Buying bits here and there is probably a bad idea due to having to pay the small fees (best to just buy Bitcoins in bulk if you can afford to) but I just wanted to see what it was like to be in on it and I did see a bit of growth since Bitcoin has risen quickly in recent times.

Then a couple of weeks ago I download Jaxx and used the ShapeShifter feature to switch half my BTC to ETH because I fancy ETH to be the next big thing.

But, I've now withdrawn all my crypto back into GPB in the last couple of days because I decided to use the money for marketing for my business. Could be a terrible decision but I have to drum up some business.

With regard to wallets, I was using blockchain.info and later Jaxx as wallets but I'm looking into hardware wallets for the future, especially if I end up reinvesting anything more significant than £300 because you just can't be too careful, heard a couple of scare stories.

Up until a couple of days ago I had about £300 of BTC from where I've been buying £10 or £20 here and there over the past few months, I was using coinfloor.co.uk to buy.

Buying bits here and there is probably a bad idea due to having to pay the small fees (best to just buy Bitcoins in bulk if you can afford to) but I just wanted to see what it was like to be in on it and I did see a bit of growth since Bitcoin has risen quickly in recent times.

Then a couple of weeks ago I download Jaxx and used the ShapeShifter feature to switch half my BTC to ETH because I fancy ETH to be the next big thing.

But, I've now withdrawn all my crypto back into GPB in the last couple of days because I decided to use the money for marketing for my business. Could be a terrible decision but I have to drum up some business.

With regard to wallets, I was using blockchain.info and later Jaxx as wallets but I'm looking into hardware wallets for the future, especially if I end up reinvesting anything more significant than £300 because you just can't be too careful, heard a couple of scare stories.
    Cheers for the advice, again! Have been looking at Jaxx to use as a wallet and Kraken or Coinbase to use to buy the ETH. I assume the hardware wallets are more secure than something like Jaxx, at a cost of course?

Harder than changing your energy supplier then ?

Cheers for the advice, again! Have been looking at Jaxx to use as a wallet and Kraken or Coinbase to use to buy the ETH. I assume the hardware wallets are more secure than something like Jaxx, at a cost of course?
    I'm not sure about the costs of hardware wallets, if I can get back into investing in crypto I will be looking at it although, since I will be holding the currency for the long haul I might even create a paper wallet since it's free and the absolute most secure way to store cryptocurrencies in the long term.

https://blockchain.info/wallet/paper-tutorial

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWales View Post
    Harder than changing your energy supplier then ?
    Not sure what you're getting at?

I would be careful using one to buy the other, if they both 'crash' you'll lose out. Better to use Fiat to purchase.

Also whatever wallet you pick make sure its offline, buy and then get your coins off the exchange into a wallet you control.
    https://www.ledgerwallet.com/products/ledger-nano-s supports both btc and ETH but that is for serious holders as it cost 70 eur.

Looking into ETH and might take the plunge, also worth looking at Golem GNT. i know somebody who trades as a full time job and these are the only ones he trusts having been burnt on all the other alternative to btc that sprang up.

But as mentioned i still think nobody knows for sure, its BTC maturity that gives me the confidence, but i am a user rather than an investor.

Seems as though there's been a big spike in the value of ETH in the last few days? Gone up from 97usd to 197usd since I last looked! Is it still a good time to buy?

Seems as though there's been a big spike in the value of ETH in the last few days? Gone up from 97usd to 197usd since I last looked! Is it still a good time to buy?
    Wish I knew. I cashed out last week thinking it was about to crash but both BTC and ETH have just gone up and up and up...

I think it would definitely be worth having something invested in it, just in case this is the start of a meteoric rise. Just don't invest more than you'd be gutted to lose and be prepared to be in for the long haul.

Defiantly, especially bitcoin now that the folk, segwit, scaling has been agreed (until the the next time they disagree).

@Colonial, why do you jump ship...ride that mother out man, the price will never settle for at least another 5 years, no crashes only bumps?

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    Defiantly, especially bitcoin now that the folk, segwit, scaling has been agreed (until the the next time they disagree).

@Colonial, why do you jump ship...ride that mother out man, the price will never settle for at least another 5 years, no crashes only bumps?
    Well I got into it in the first place with the intention of just holding for years and seeing where it goes but it had built up into a few hundred quid and I was in need of a marketing budget for my business...

I hope to get back into it soon but by cashing out I've definitely missed out on my investment growing 100% in only a week, that would have been a nice touch.

Bitcoin latest price is £1,876.29. Its meteoric rise is nothing like I've seen previously in any asset. What does it portend?

Last edited by Organ Morgan.; 24-05-17 at 18:31.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Bitcoin latest price is £1,876.29. Its meteoric rise is nothing like I've seen previously in any asset. What does it portend?

It's always been the way of Bitcoin, it rises sharply then crashes, then rises higher and crashes and so on. At the moment there's a lot of interest in the technologies that are being developed on the back of Bitcoin but pretty much all analysts will tell you it's due for its latest crash soon enough.

You'd be quite wise to be interested in holding some amount of BTC though, "in case of emergencies".

Yes, I'll get some. Five max at these prices. For what it's worth I take its phenomenal rise along with that of other cryptos as another sign that the financial status quo hasn't long to run.

Just saw an article on Ars Technica that said that if you'd bought $1000 worth of bitcoins in 2010 they'd be worth a cool $35m today!

It's always been the way of Bitcoin, it rises sharply then crashes, then rises higher and crashes and so on. At the moment there's a lot of interest in the technologies that are being developed on the back of Bitcoin but pretty much all analysts will tell you it's due for its latest crash soon enough.

You'd be quite wise to be interested in holding some amount of BTC though, "in case of emergencies".
    Who is saying it's going to crash?

I trust about 3 people who have been consistently right so far and neither of them are talking about a "crash". Where it might wobble is in Sept when/if the folk happens. But again all 3 say that it'll rise again.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Yes, I'll get some. Five max at these prices. For what it's worth I take its phenomenal rise along with that of other cryptos as another sign that the financial status quo hasn't long to run.
    Oh yeah baby, who wouldn't want to short fiat!!