+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Space aliens

Re: Space aliens

Quote Originally Posted by Arfur Europe View Post
    Something badly went wrong with the human make up around the time of the very first 'empire', when it suddenly became necessary to expand and aquire other people's wealth and land, when otherwise everybody had plenty for a full and wholesome lifespan (albeit shorter than today).

This wanton lust for more items than we actually need to sustain life was the result of this faulty gene, but which has now been passed on via evolution as it was unfortunately successful. This I believe, now manifests itself in modern day capitalism, with it's speculators / profit chasing / derivatives etc, and to an extent, far right politics. This is all a completely false situation, propped up by fiat currency, fractional reserve banking, quantitive easing and usury.

Jon Ronson studies this in his book 'The Psychopath Test', showing that a high percentage of the CEOs of today's biggest companies display this corrupt mental configuration. Their lack of empathy towards others mean that their ruthlessness works well in business. He shows that had it gone slightly differently for these guys, they'd be in prison long term for serial offences against humanity such as mass murder.

David Icke's theory along the same lines, is that this same non human instinct is similar to cold blooded animals, hence his talk of 'lizards', and the phrase 'cold blooded murderer' being in everyday use.

So yes, I would say that truly intelligent life out there in the universe could be laughing at us, but I'd suspect they'd actually pity us.

I quite like the idea shown in the classic film 'The Abyss' and more recently 'Arrival' where intelligent alien life shows us how wrong we really are, and sets us all on a better path.

Looking at current world events, my optimistic view is that we're due one of these visits in the not too distant future!
    Human beings are a true cancer to this beautiful planet.

As far as we know, healthy life only lasts for 60-70 years and anything above that is a bonus. An average human being spends 8 hours a day, 5 days a week in a place that they hate, working a job they can't stand with some people who they dislike - for 40 ****ing years. That's 70,000 hours in a lifetime spent with absolutely no meaning.

All to make the guys at the top a little richer and happier every time you go into work to do a shitty job for next to nothing in the greatest of terms. That's slavery and I thought that was abolished lifetimes ago.

This is our planet and we should be able to do whatever we want. As far as we know we only get one shot, and blimey don't too many of us waste the only shot we have.

I always think to myself, other planets with "intelligent life" cannot live the way that we do.

Beam me up Scotty

If our planet had not supposedly been hit by an asteroid and thus Dinosaurs had continued to be the dominant life-form, how evolved might they have got by now?
    Not very I'd guess.
    Previously visiting alien explorers may still have our planet marked down as a world inhabited by big-ass Lizards.

Earth humans might well be incredibly evolved compared to life-forms on other planets.

If the Universe is 'infinite' or inconceivably huge, - then there has to be some kind of life somewhere else.
    It may not be as advanced as ours.
    But somewhere, surely there will be life that is more evolved than us?

What would worry me about contact with alien life forms - even if they were non-aggressive - is the possibility of infection / disease that we couldn't possible deal with.

But then we may have that problem soon on our own planet, released by melting ice-caps.

Quote Originally Posted by Vimana. View Post
    If our planet had not supposedly been hit by an asteroid and thus Dinosaurs had continued to be the dominant life-form, how evolved might they have got by now?
    Not very I'd guess.
    Previously visiting alien explorers may still have our planet marked down as a world inhabited by big-ass Lizards.

Earth humans might well be incredibly evolved compared to life-forms on other planets.

If the Universe is 'infinite' or inconceivably huge, - then there has to be some kind of life somewhere else.
    It may not be as advanced as ours.
    But somewhere, surely there will be life that is more evolved than us?

What would worry me about contact with alien life forms - even if they were non-aggressive - is the possibility of infection / disease that we couldn't possible deal with.

But then we may have that problem soon on our own planet, released by melting ice-caps.
    We will never find out but the dinosaurs may have become incredibly advanced and a pretty crazy thing to contemplate.

I am firmly of the belief that we are nowhere near the most intelligent species out there. I'm sure a lot of people agree that there are probably thousands of civilisations who are scientifically advanced, and a number of those have probably figured out faster than light travel, built a planet barrier of some sort to keep out asteroids, debris and any unwanted strangers, increased life expectancy by 100%, or anything on those lines.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    We will never find out but the dinosaurs may have become incredibly advanced and a pretty crazy thing to contemplate.

I am firmly of the belief that we are nowhere near the most intelligent species out there. I'm sure a lot of people agree that there are probably thousands of civilisations who are scientifically advanced, and a number of those have probably figured out faster than light travel, built a planet barrier of some sort to keep out asteroids, debris and any unwanted strangers, increased life expectancy by 100%, or anything on those lines.
    Physically impossible...and so our effort to communicate with 'beings' thousands of light years away are fruitless. We'll all be dead by the time any 'message' even reaches them. Then you have the stupid odds of those beings being intelligent AND using radio waves/microwaves as a form of communication (they may not even use light or sound waves in any way...no eyes...no ears).

Those same beings may have sent messages to earth...some time between 4.543 billion years ago, and 0.00000001 billion years ago. We're a meaningless species who've lasted mere nanoseconds in terms of the age of our planet and the universe.

It's pointless for us to be looking so far out at this point in time. All of humanity's effort should be focused towards Mars, and then other planets in our solar system. Only once we're established on multiple planets should we start focusing on Alpha Centauri, and beyond.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ainsley Harriott View Post
    Physically impossible...and so our effort to communicate with 'beings' thousands of light years away are fruitless. We'll all be dead by the time any 'message' even reaches them. Then you have the stupid odds of those beings being intelligent AND using radio waves/microwaves as a form of communication (they may not even use light or sound waves in any way...no eyes...no ears).

Those same beings may have sent messages to earth...some time between 4.543 billion years ago, and 0.00000001 billion years ago. We're a meaningless species who've lasted mere nanoseconds in terms of the age of our planet and the universe.

It's pointless for us to be looking so far out at this point in time. All of humanity's effort should be focused towards Mars, and then other planets in our solar system. Only once we're established on multiple planets should we start focusing on Alpha Centauri, and beyond.
    Perhaps we should just forget it all together and look after the planet that we are on.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    Perhaps we should just forget it all together and look after the planet that we are on.
    They are here now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ainsley Harriott View Post

I should clarify that I meant constructing a wormhole or something similar to bypass the billions of miles in between Point A and Point B. Never say never, it may well have been already accomplished.