Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
I find that people's tolerance/acceptance of something is easy as long as it doesn't interfere with them personally, so they can put their heads in the sand. If you have young children, or in my case young grandchildren, then stuff like transgenderism will affect you whether you like it or not. How can I tolerate the idea that someone could freely suggest to my grandsons and granddaughter that they might like to consider changing their gender and if I object to this ideology, then I will be accused of "transphobia" and possibly of breaking the law. If you think this is far-fetched I challenge you to read this:

https://www.spiked-online.com/2018/1...g-on-children/

I have already put out this link earlier, but no one has responded yet.
I will read your link in a moment but my immediate response is that I would find it surprising if the hypothetical suggestion would come from anyone but the grandchild. In that scenario isn't it best they have someone (not those who have raised your concern) to speak to who would listen and support? Opposing someone in the situation I have described does seem a strange way to spend your time.