+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: #Cityasone - unless your name is Jazz Richards

Re: #Cityasone - unless your name is Jazz Richards

Quote Originally Posted by Phill Stants brother View Post
    He did it by all accounts.
    Let's hope he did and this is a overreaction by fans who have gone straight to social media.

Wouldn't be the 1st time.

He simply can't stay here if they are correct though.

Basically everything that's written is true, he repeatedly ignored the request, he wasn't deaf, or at the other end, or concentrating. He just chose to ignore it.

It also true that he did a quick, stealth version when waiting for a corner, it's also true that the majority of City fans will have missed it.

He had a chance to make amends, as he was the last player off the pitch but ignored the request again. He knew what he was doing.

On the way out of the ground it was the major (only) talking point.

My opinion. He's signed for City because he wants to be closer to Swansea. He's got no affinity to City. His signing is a mistake.

His performance was poor (only rivalled by Fred). He did zero on the pitch to redeem his actions.

If his performance was poor then criticise him, if he didn't pat himself on the head, then grow up.

I didn't see him do it not in the first half thats for sure......I seen Immers trying to get him to do it and he refused.
    Trollope done it straight away...so did marshall....if I'm honest i thought jazz was a bit of a wanker today.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Basically everything that's written is true, he repeatedly ignored the request, he wasn't deaf, or at the other end, or concentrating. He just chose to ignore it.

It also true that he did a quick, stealth version when waiting for a corner, it's also true that the majority of City fans will have missed it.

He had a chance to make amends, as he was the last player off the pitch but ignored the request again. He knew what he was doing.
    So now we're critiquing his Ayatollah, really?!

He either did it or he didn't.

I don't personally think he was aware. We'll soon see next week, although I'm sure when does it, itll be claimed it's because he's been told to.

See after the QPR match I suppose. Baffled why a player couldn't just do it FFS. He does it, the fans cheer and it's all rosy.

Quote Originally Posted by Elysium View Post
    If his performance was poor then criticise him, if he didn't pat himself on the head, then grow up.
    Absolutely

:thumbup

My impression was that he was unaware of the requests rather than refusing to acknowledge it. He did do it in the second half. I did tweet about it but it wasn't having a go, more highlighting the gallows humour.

So we just accept an ex Jack player refusing to do the Ayatollah.

If we'd signed Zlatan and he refused cos it looked a bit shit I'd live with it. Some mediocre ex Jack out of loyalty to them deserves any stick that comes his way.

Still hope this is all wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    So we just accept an ex Jack player refusing to do the Ayatollah.

If we'd signed Zlatan and he refused cos it looked a bit shit I'd live with it. Some mediocre ex Jack out of loyalty to them deserves any stick that comes his way.

Still hope this is all wrong.
    He is a Cardiff City player.

As I said, if he was poor then criticise the guy, if he didn't pat himself on the head when you demanded he did, then think again.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Wales Online are a bit late with their take on today's sensational developments.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/f...jazz-11714867?
    "One fan, Carl Curtis, who helped organise transport for the 1,700 hardcore Cardiff supporters who travelled to St Andrews for the first match of the season, wrote on the Cardiff City forum he helps run: "I am at the game and this is absolutely true. In fact, it is now seven times [Richards has been asked to do the Ayatollah].

"If Lex Immers and Lee Peltier hadn't pointed it out to him then I would have given him the benefit of the doubt but he heard it and refused. No wonder we all booed him."

For ****s sake!

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    "One fan, Carl Curtis, who helped organise transport for the 1,700 hardcore Cardiff supporters who travelled to St Andrews for the first match of the season, wrote on the Cardiff City forum he helps run: "I am at the game and this is absolutely true. In fact, it is now seven times [Richards has been asked to do the Ayatollah].

"If Lex Immers and Lee Peltier hadn't pointed it out to him then I would have given him the benefit of the doubt but he heard it and refused. No wonder we all booed him."

For ****s sake!
    Makes it sound like he organised transport for the whole away section

This is outrageous, egregious, preposterous

On no wait.

It isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Wales Online are a bit late with their take on today's sensational developments.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/f...jazz-11714867?
    I just don't understand some fans , next thing we will get ,the player feels unwanted , has a dip in form or confidence, fans then saying what a crap buy.

He is a young developing player , bloody let him do that ,and shame on you WOL, for reading Tittle tattle and publishing that to a broader fan base , WOL is an appalling newspaper who have no real content to offer Cardiff fans, thank god we have people like Paul writing and reporting factual and well meaning football matters.

Grrrrrh.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfcwelshlad View Post
    He did the ayatollah!!

We were calling for him do it at a corner we were defending it and he did it then.

I can only presume he didn't hear initially (which was odd as Immers was gesturing), but he 100% did it on a later occasion in the half.

There was also a call for someone else to do the ayatollah at one point and they never heard it either. May have been Declan, who also did it later in the game.

Massive overeaction.
    Jazz Richards did the ayatollah in the 33rd minute. I checked my watch. He may also have done it in the 2nd half (see Mike Morris' post).

Immers and Peltier tried a few times to get him to do it earlier. My impression was that he wasn't really listening to the crowd noise and was concentrating on his game. I also thought he also looked a bit annoyed with the calls for the ayatollah when he needed to be switched on, and the play was going on around him. Declan also ignored (or didn't hear) chants for him to do the same, but got one in later.

That said he had chances to do it earlier and ignored them. When he got booed it looked as if he decided to blank it all out - battle of wills with the fans - making a minor issue into a bigger one.

He should have played along at the first time of asking (or at least after Lex Immers let him know what the chant was about). The fans shouldn't have abused him. He didn't have the best debut today - not bad but not good either - and we need him to settle down, improve, and put today's nonsense to bed. Calling him a Jack Bastard after 10 minutes in a Cardiff shirt is not going to help him or the team.

Bit stupid from him not to do it if I'm honest, just gives fans another stick to beat him with if he's in a poor patch of form

If he's doing it out of some loyalty to Swansea, why sign for their biggest rivals in the first place?

I'm amazed how many childish **** wits we have as fans

There really is a bunch of idiots on here. Why don't you all just come clean and admit that you dont like Richards because he has played for Swansea. It has absolutely nothing to do with how he played today or whether he slapped his own head with his hands. We got a good point today and Richards played his part. We are already one point up on last seasons results. In my book booing your own teams players is much worse than refusing to do the ayatollah.

Anyway to those who did go , and were intensely watching every bodily movement of our players , how did the city play under our new manager.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Anyway to those who did go , and were intensely watching every bodily movement of our players , how did the city play under our new manager.
    That doesn't seem to matter because jazz didn't tap his head

There was a lot of kids there today the new generation, i seen one little boy get a high five off Ken Choo and his face lit up it was a picture.
    This ayatollah malarky is a bit like getting an autograph to the kids who chant it, most players know how to play the game because thats the game we play and it's unique to Cardiff City...

..I'm sure Jazz would have been informed by the club and his team mates that this will probably happen on his debut....He won't need reminding next week he'll just need to look up to the new stand and it will be there engraved on the seats.

I'm feeling like I've stepped through the looking glass tbh, on my way home earlier I was listening to the game on the radio, from what I heard it sounded like we battered them. A couple of great saves from their keeper, what sounds like an incredible volley from whitts, a missed sitter from our new "striker" and all in all a decent away point from our first game.

I log in to see what others thought of those incidents and apparently all that happened is that our new signing, a former Swansea player, didn't do the ayatollah so our "1,700 loyal fans" booed him and called him a jack bastard.

You couldn't make it up.

Quote Originally Posted by I'll give you the Malky!! View Post
    If he's trying to prove a point it certainly is not going to improve the atmosphere
    If you are a new Cardiff player - and particularly if there's a Swansea connection - when the crowd asks you to do the Ayatollah, you pat your head a bit and it's job done.

All of this is completely unnecessary. If he didn't do it because he wanted to concentrate, well actually he's caused a whole load of distraction.

Obviously grown men patting their head is a bit stupid - but so is running around booting a bit of leather into a net. It's part of our tradition.

He might well have friends in Swansea and all that but it's CCFC paying his wages now. There are many things we don't want to do in our jobs or think are a bit daft - but you do it and move on.

So if a former city player joined the jacks and did the swim away, you'd be ok with that?

The whole thing is daft IMHO, but yes traditional. I'm all for asking a player to do it if he's coming on/going off, but while he's in the middle of concentrating on his game, it's just plain stupid.