+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: SKY Q

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: SKY Q

okey dokey....so 3 boxes and 3 remotes (with a touch remote if you like it for main box).

can watch 3 different progs in 3 different rooms at same time....sounds good

One off set up cost which includes installation and equipment so no other costs on top ( apart from monthly charge).....

what about the connection dropping.....lots of people saying they have to re-boot quite often. Is this a problem or only if you have thick walls/massive gap between boxes etc ?

cia again

Quote Originally Posted by Nicerino View Post

what about the connection dropping.....lots of people saying they have to re-boot quite often. Is this a problem or only if you have thick walls/massive gap between boxes etc ?
    I've had it almost a year, was quite flaky when I first got it but they don't need rebooting very often these days. Still more often than the HD boxes mind...

Quote Originally Posted by Nicerino View Post
    This was/is caused by one of the power saving modes, Eco Saving I think. I changed the main box to one of the other modes and haven't a a problem with the Sky Q Mini Box dropping a connection from the main box since.