+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Johanna Konta - Semi finalist

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Johanna Konta - Semi finalist

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Can't speak for everyone else but for me it's not about being patriotic, I just like the way she plays the game and handles herself.

I don't even think her parents are Australian are they?
    British parents and lived in the uk since she was 12 but never mind some will always moan about something

Quote Originally Posted by Packerman View Post
    British parents and lived in the uk since she was 12 but never mind some will always moan about something
    Hungarian parents according to Wikipedia. Became a British citizen in 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by itkman View Post
    Bloody immigrants, stealing our tennis rankings.

Quote Originally Posted by itkman View Post
    my half bad she's lived in the uk since she was 14 but took citizenship in 2012 as you said. also hungarian parents, lived in the uk for 12 years qualifies her in my book, rugby and athletics have much shorter qualifying periods, also she's not holding back any uk born female talent

Quote Originally Posted by Packerman View Post
    my half bad she's lived in the uk since she was 14 but took citizenship in 2012 as you said. also hungarian parents, lived in the uk for 12 years qualifies her in my book, rugby and athletics have much shorter qualifying periods, also she's not holding back any uk born female talent
    Moved from Australia initially to Barcelona, trained there before moving to Britain.

Colour me surprised but the same year she became British she received funding from LTA.

The decision to become British was purely for financial reasons - it was every bit as farcical as Zola Budd getting a passport of convenience.