The Swansea Cardiff derby is a great game with genuine hatred emitted, put me in mind of the Rangers Celtic games where you can almost taste the emotion. It is of course an emotion that is irrational ,why would you hate someone for supporting a different side to yourself ?
I live down on the Gower these days ,travelling back and forward to Cardiff for work and my football. When I am out and about in Swansea I see the locals wearing their Swansea tops with pride ( maybe not quite as much pride these days) youngsters, teenagers ,grown men and old men alike. The fact is no matter how much you dislike them, they are following their local side.
There is a ridiculous amount of Man U and Liverpool fans in South Wales, I prefer to see the footballing people supporting their local side . When Swansea drop out of the top league many of the local Swansea colours will be swapped for a more famous or whichever side is sitting top of the premier league , it happened in Cardiff when we dropped out of the premier league . Is that really good for Welsh football ?