+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: FGR

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Re: FGR

Quote Originally Posted by severncity View Post
    Is it the case that FGR draw their support from the wider Stroud area? Will their proposed relocation to a new stadium many miles from Nailsworth redefine their identity as being "Stroud's team" or are they already considered to be representatives of Stroud?
    Before they gained promotion to the Conference they had a season or two known as Stroud F.C.

Towns and villages in the Stroud Valleys probably provide a sizeable % of support, but I suspect that Nailsworth locals are the majority.

If there is a move to Eastington (10 minutes away), I don't think too many supporters would be bothered. I can't see Dale Vince changing the name to Stroud.

There is no way FGR could go any higher if they did not re-locate. The capacity cannot be increased and the parking situation on match days is dire. Luckily Cardiff and FGR home matches coincide so I am not affected by the occasional gridlocks!

When I first moved to Forest Green (1985) Gloucester City were the highest ranked club in Glos followed by > Cheltenham Town > Forest Green > Shortwood United
    Last edited by Forest Green Bluebird; 14-05-17 at 19:15.