+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Even if we get relegated Warnock must stay (should he want to continue managing)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Even if we get relegated Warnock must stay (should he want to continue managing)

I've taken to Warnock. He's turned the club around from being a club that could have plummeted back to the darker reaches. I'm not sure we'd have done well in League 1, either.

However, I see a problem when somebody takes over from him. There's going to be fresh ideas, a different playing style and arguably a manager that is not as capable as getting as much from the players as Warnock did. No doubts Warnock, when he leaves, will leave the club in a significantly better state than when he came, but I pity the bloke that comes in afterwards. He'll have a big job on.

Re: Even if we get relegated Warnock must stay (should he want to continue managing)

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I've taken to Warnock. He's turned the club around from being a club that could have plummeted back to the darker reaches. I'm not sure we'd have done well in League 1, either.

However, I see a problem when somebody takes over from him. There's going to be fresh ideas, a different playing style and arguably a manager that is not as capable as getting as much from the players as Warnock did. No doubts Warnock, when he leaves, will leave the club in a significantly better state than when he came, but I pity the bloke that comes in afterwards. He'll have a big job on.
    For me, there is nothing worse for spectators than long ball football being played poorly. In the second half of last season, the saving grace was that we were winning the majority of our matches, but I know I, for one, will start criticising if we are playing like we did from Christmas onwards this season and being beaten in most games. Our manager talks about wanting to send fans home happy with goalmouth "thrills and spills" and Warnock sides did that most of the time during his first fourteen months or so in charge - he's deservedly earned another crack at the Premier League and should be given adequate time to try and get his methods, which haven't tended to work in the top flight before, to work this time, but I guarantee I won't be the only one moaning if we are in the bottom three getting beat every week come November while using what most would define as the "Warnock way".

I have absolutely no doubt ,Neill will be up the road (sacked like a dog) if we are struggling early .
    Anyone who believes otherwise is living in cloud cuckoo land.
    Just look at the way Ranieri was ejected at Leicester , he achieved more than Mr Warnock .

You are absolutely correct