The first thing I'd say is that Zohore's goals, or lack of them, shouldn't be a deciding factor in whether he should play or not. For me, an on form Zohore means that we can play a more rounded and varied version of the pretty basic format used by Neil Warnock teams and also that there is a better chance that others in our team will be seen at their best, thereby ensuring that the goals he might not be scoring are able to come from other areas.

An example of this came early in our promotion season when Zohore was not scoring the goals expected of him, but, that apart, he was playing well. He also had a good spell in 17/18 after the arrival of Gary Madine and, as for last season, it might be significant that he came to pre season training late after being given time off following the birth of he and his partner's first child. I thought Zohore's performances, although not great, improved gradually after a very poor start in the Newcastle home game and his final one at Old Trafford had me thinking that many Championship centre halves wouldn't be able to handle him playing to that level.

I've always thought Zohore could be something special after seeing a couple of runs from him in Under 23 matches soon after he signed for us which mixed pace and power in a way that you only see very rarely in a players of his type and have often thought that the first team have not provided him with enough chances to show that side of his game because of the poor quality of the service he has had.

However, I, and other Zohore supporters in our fanbase, have to accept that he hasn't shown anywhere near enough of that dynamism, which played such a big part in turning around our 16/17 season, lately. Therefore, I think it's really important that someone is brought in of sufficient quality to ensure that there could be no doubt that Zohore is at number two, at best, in the striking pecking order. This would, hopefully, then see Zohore giving some serious thought to his approach and, if he was to react in the right way, the new man would then have a serious challenge on his hands maintaining his place in the starting line up.