+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Words or phrases from your childhood which today's kids have never heard of

Re: Words or phrases from your childhood which today's kids have never heard of

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    You're not drinking KINGPIN in there, are you.
    No I'm sticking to Double Diamond or Tartan but my bird will have a Babycham or a Pony ( The little drink with a big kick ! ).

Allbright, it's a great Bitter

812218d0-f6b0-012e-af82-0050569439b1.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    You're not drinking KINGPIN in there, are you.
    No, Double Diamond

Watneys Party Seven

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post

With about .1% alcohol

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWales View Post
    No I'm sticking to Double Diamond or Tartan but my bird will have a Babycham or a Pony ( The little drink with a big kick ! ).
    I asked a BIRD down the rank "do you wanna drink", she said "yes please, I'll have a Brandy & Babycham"

I wonder if she's still waiting.

Pinta Daark please an' a bagga ready salted, (pub door opens and a shout goes up) "Cockles, prawns, any cockles gents", resident joker in the corner shouts "Nah, but I got crabs" (accompanied by a seedy Sid James type laugh)

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Pinta Daark please an' a bagga ready salted, (pub door opens and a shout goes up) "Cockles, prawns, any cockles gents", resident joker in the corner shouts "Nah, but I got crabs" (accompanied by a seedy Sid James type laugh)

Closely followed by the WARCRY. (is that what it was called) ?

White dog poo still exists, on a sunny day out the back I've picked it up,people just don't let their dogs shit and leave it anymore.
    Anyway, alcohol that's gone.. Hofmeister follow the bear.. no thanks it's shit.
    Colt 45 yummy.
    Carling black label.
    Tenants extra.. Black cans.
    Worthington? E.
    Thunderbird?
    Genuinely went into an ironmongers(that's probably another one) with my ex mother in law once and she asked for paint in ****** brown!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post

The extension on the extension.

My mum still occasionally calls me a 'daft apeth'. Not sure that's a phrase which will survive another generation...

Let's go for a wimpey

A choke button in a car.

Quote Originally Posted by Something Blue View Post
    A choke button in a car.
    That's where women drivers hung their handbags

Quote Originally Posted by Richyrich View Post
    Nice shell suit.
    Lets be fair, I dont think any ****er said that when we were young.

Im 39 and havent heard of half the shit on this thread!

Gambo - a home-made go-kart , otherwise known as a plank with pram wheels. (Ebbw Vale area)

Bomper - a large metal ball-bearing used to trounce your mate at marbles

Spangles
    Treats

Cadburys Bar Six (Like Kit Kat, but better. Don't understand why it didn't last)

When is the chip van coming round?

"Mam - the butcher's (or baker's) van is here"

And finally-
    "Can I go out to play"

Tell em about the honey mummy

Drat and double drat

Not like that. Like that. Just like that.

Has the milkman been around yet?

Boom boom-boom boom - Esso Blue

Quote Originally Posted by Elysium View Post
    Has the milkman been around yet?
    Watch out..Watch out there's a Humphrey about.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Gambo - a home-made go-kart , otherwise known as a plank with pram wheels. (Ebbw Vale area)

Spangles
    Treats

Cadburys Bar Six (Like Kit Kat, but better. Don't understand why it didn't last)

And finally-
    "Can I go out to play"

In Rumney we called gambo's,bogeys....bompers were bombers,pronounced bomb bers and marbles were alies

I'm not eating any of that foreign muck!

A game of Gobs
    A game of conkers

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post

Spangles
    Treats

And finally-
    "Can I go out to play"

A gambo was a bogey in Cardiff lol.
    Just thought of the pop man coming down the street.